Job description / Role
Job Opportunity with Sutherland!!
Requirement for candidates experienced in INSIS ( Insurance Information systems). good exp in Oracle PL/SQL developer. Good in reporting. INSIS is mandatory experience.
Interested candidates please apply online.
1. ROLE DETAILS:
Position title: INSIS PL/SQL Developer - IT applications
Reports to: Assistant Manager- IT Applications
Department: Information Technology
2. ROLE PURPOSE:
IT applications (Implementation and support): The employee should be able to perform development, support, testing and should have strong debugging skills. Additionally, they should be able to analyse and implement business requirements with minimum supervision.
3. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Description Key Performance Indicators
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
• Follow all relevant IT policies, standard process, and procedure.
• Follow Scrum, or any other agile related standards. Compliance with Universal standard process and procedural.
• Should be able to holds meetings with the business and BA’s to understand and implement business requirements.
• Should have skills to work on Oracle DB (PL/SQL) like creating code using procedures, functions, packages, complex queries, performance tuning, and etc.
• Should be able to work on Reporting technologies like Oracle BIP (Power BI is an add-on).
• Should have an idea of working on version control related tools (SVN/Git Hub).
• Should have experience of understanding and parsing XML and JSON structures in the DB.
• Having experience of working with tools like Postman or Soap UI is an add-on.
• Having experience of working on Front End related technologic (Oracle ADF or Java script (React JS is an add-on)).
• Having experience in server technologies like WebLogic or Tomcat is an add-on.
• Should be able to understand, prepare and run test cycles independently in coordination with business.
• Should be able to analyse, access and provide solutions for support issues.
• Business Experience:
• Should have strong experience of working in Insurance domain (3+ years minimum) and insurance related systems (INSIS is an add-on).
• Prepare manuals to ensure working in the IT environment is facilitated for non-technical users across functional departments.
Other Job-related duties:
• Job descriptions given to the employees provide the general nature and level of work expected. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their departmental manager. Client Management reserves the right to assign any responsibilities to its employees based on the business requirements.
• To follow and perform any other job-related instructions / duties requested by their Management.
4. FRAMEWORKS, BOUNDARIES, & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
• INSIS PL/SQL Developer is making decisions as delegated by the Assistant Manager – IT Applications.
5. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Assistant Manager, INSIS IT Application team.
• Consultants, third party service providers
Education: Any Graduation/Post Graduation.
Key Skills: INSIS ( Insurance information system), oracle Pl/SQL development.
Exp Level required is 6-15 Yrs
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technologies.
• 8-15 experience in Information Technology.
• 12+ years of experience in Information Technology.
• 3+ years in Insurance IT systems (INSIS system knowledge mandatory).
• 12+ years in Oracle DB (PL/SQL). (INSIS framework knowledge mandatory).
• 5+ years in Oracle BIP or Power BI.
• Self-motivated and committed to quality.
• Interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Excellent organization skills.
About the Company
As a process transformation company, Sutherland rethinks and rebuilds processes for the digital age by combining the speed and insight of design thinking with the scale and accuracy of data analytics. We have been helping customers, across industries from financial services to health care, achieve greater agility through transformed and automated customer experiences for over 30 years. Headquartered in Rochester, N.Y., Sutherland employs thousands of professionals spanning 19 countries around the world.