Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
We are looking for an Intelligence Manager to join our Intelligence team at Chalhoub Group! Your passion for transforming data into insights, as well as keen interest for the luxury industry along with great research and project management skills will be critical to your success in the role.
The role reports to the Head of Intelligence and you will be working with cross-functional teams across the group as well as our partners in the industry to develop end-to-end studies and insights for luxury industry in Middle East and beyond. Scope of the work will be focused, but not limited to, personal luxury in the Middle East and potentially other international markets. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and passionate person to join our team.
Local and regional market/ category/ brand assessment
- Lead projects to estimate and market sizes for regional and local markets in variety of luxury categories: beauty, fashion, retail, and potentially new categories;
- Lead analyses of performance and providing insights of the market working with Chalhoub franchise brands, joint ventures, distribution and external & internal partners;
- Developing end-to-end studies on selected geo / category/ brand, including consumer surveys;
- Developing market and category insights based on desktop research as well as market visits and industry interviews;
- Developing market presentations, extracting key problematics and insights for both internal and external stakeholders;
- Maintaining a relationship of trust with our internal and external partners for market insights and data sharing.
Market analysis and consumer studies
- Tracking and reporting on beauty, fashion and retail market results and trends in the GCC and Globally;
- Conducting research to support selected Group initiatives such as new market studies, benchmarking, consumer sentiment;
- Closely tracking global luxury industry reports and developing context for the GCC region;
- In collaboration with consumer research agencies and/or internal Chalhoub panels develop deep dives into consumer sentiment for luxury industry in the Middle East;
Thought leadership and presentations
- Preparing presentations on Middle East luxury using variety of in-house and external data;
- Continuously review new trends and shifts in the market, translating into insights and presentations;
- Be an agent of change for the team, lead with new research and reports, track and provide insights from conferences and external research;
- Thought leadership: develop new prospective into the luxury in the region, co-create whitepapers and support Chalhoub management with key industry insights.
What you'll need to succeed
- Data driven profile, skilled in analyzing the data and translating it into insights;
- Strong experience in developing market studies, focused on geography, category and brand assessments;
- Strong ability to work with variety of complex data, both structured and unstructured. In-depth business analytics experience is a must;
- Strong research skills, being able to connect the dots using variety data sources: industry reports, research tools, companies financial reports, trends forecasting tools;
- Experience in creating top notch presentations for senior leaders;
- Experienced in working with consumer panels and consumer surveys (through agency work);
- Previous experience in consumer research is a strong plus;
- Strong understanding of global personal luxury and/or premium retail industries;
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders including senior leadership teams;
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience;
- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Statistics. MBA is a strong plus.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.