Job description / Role
Within our Integrated Technologies Consulting team, the Foreign System Integration (FSI) team is responsible for the integration of various third-party solutions with the Oracle Cerner EMR system. The FSI team offers the opportunity to be part of an innovative fast-paced unit with all the rewards and unique capability to enable our clients to deliver patient care more efficiently.
As a Senior Consultant in the Consulting Org Tech Delivery, you are responsible for installing/configuring Cerner interfaces to connect with disparate systems and code custom interfaces using HL7 language. You are responsible for troubleshooting and resolving complex interface issues, which requires a good understanding of networking, database querying, programming concepts and clinical workflows. A Senior Consultant is expected to, understand the scope of engagement, gather requirements, prepare the design, and oversee the implementation. You are expected to support interface validation/testing/deployment/documentation during the life cycle of the project.
The role requires constant communication with the clients, vendors, and project counterparts during the project cycle. Your guidance will be needed in establishing an effective methodology of deployment that follows industry standard consulting practices ensuring the quality of our deliveries.
You will be expected to:
- Maintain client relationships and navigate through conflict and complex relationship situations.
- Design Interface System Architecture as per the project scope and lead and deliver projects with excellence adhering to Cerner's standard and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Perform complex technical troubleshooting and issue resolution and escalate as appropriate.
- Provide analysis of system design specifications and system/product evaluation to improve client workflow and efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 2 years of higher education and/or additional work experience directly related to the duties of the job including:
- At least 1 year of system engineering and/or system architecture work experience
- Experience working in the healthcare IT industry
- Experience coordinating complex integration projects including the design, build, testing and conversion phases
- 5 years of healthcare industry experience is mandatory.
- Experience on an integration engine (Mirth, Rhapsody, Cloverleaf, Corepoint etc.)
- 3 years experience of HL7/FHIR standards is mandatory.
- Experience with Cerner Millennium is a plus
- Experience with a Linux system is a plus
- Experience with databases queries is a plus
- Experience with Oracle Clairvia, Bridge, and OpenLink solutions is a plus
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- String Written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must be willing to travel up to 80% as needed.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work overtime and irregular hours as needed.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.