Job description / Role
Intermediate Quantity Surveyor with CostX experience required to manage projects from concept to completion Manage teams for project deliverables including:
- Feasibility, concept, schematic and detailed design cost planning and estimating, Bills of Quantities preparation and Pre-Tender Estimates, Value Engineering, Monthly Cost Reports, tender services incl preparation of Instruction to Tenders, Appendix to Tenders, Particular Conditions, tender analysis, negotiations and recommendations, contract document preparation, attendance of design and commercial meetings etc.
- Commercial Contract Administration incl re-measurement, interim and final account payment application assessments, Monthly Cost Reports, variations, contractors claims, Provisional Sums, Prime Costs, Nominated Sub-Contractors, insurances and bonds management, attendance of design and commercial meetings etc.
Experiences and Qualifications
- Experience in CostX
- Previous experience of FIDIC Contracts preferred
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised university
- Min 3 years post-degree relevant experience in contracts and commercial management
- Must have consultant and/or client background for minimum of 2 years
- Knowledge in the use of QS software CATO or similar is required
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include, Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).