Job description / Role
Reports directly to: Senior Manager/ Head of Internal Audit
Planning, executing and reporting operations, financial regulatory and compliance related audits and consulting engagements to provide assurance to the Board of the adequacy of Governance, Risk Management and Controls at the Company, subsidiaries and managed entities within the Group/ Related entities.
Key Performance Areas:
- Carrying out entity-wide risk assessment for internal audit planning
- Drafting the internal audit plan for company subsidiaries and managed entities
- Ensuring that relevant risks identified and are incorporated into the internal audit plan, internal audit execution and working papers
- Execution of internal audits within allocated time frame
- Execution of special assignment (assurance or consulting) as may be requested by the Audit Committee
- Successful completion of the Internal Audit Plan
Main Tasks & Accountabilities
- Carryout annual risk assessment and develop proposed internal audit plan.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and execution of all internal audits.
- Work with Top Management to identify major business risks and incorporate the results into the Company internal audit plan.
- Finalise flowcharts, risk & control matrices, audit programs and internal audit reports.
- Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations for improvement using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Oversee/execute the audits of technical areas (projects, IT, Investments & Consulting) within Company.
- To accomplish audit work in accordance with acceptable internal audit standards and budgets.
- Report progress of Company internal audit plan and corrective measures to Head of Audit.
- Supervise general audit staff on assignments or non Group Internal Audit staff where required.
- Manages the professional development of team members.
- Attending company related management meetings.
- Coordinate Audit Committee meetings & follow up actions.
- Follow up of audit findings and identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Leverage and develop current engagement methodologies
- Work with company management to develop a control self-assessment and self-auditing framework
- Maintaining effective working relationship with staff in the business including the Company CEO
- Comment on results and utilise the work output of any audit or consulting work conducted by external parties with respect to company
- Ensure compliance to International Professional Practices Framework of the Institute of Internal Auditors and other relevant standards in internal auditing.
- Conduct any other related work assigned by the Audit Committee/Sen Management.
- Working with business heads in leading business transformation initiatives as may be required to assess and enhance the processes, and performance of business;
- Facilitate and promote appropriate risk management culture and practices within the company
- Lead/participate in business performance and due diligence reviews where needed.
- Participate and facilitate in any other organisational initiative to promote and enhance Governance and Risk Management practices.
Main Contacts and Working Relationships
- Head of Internal Audit - Receive instructions and provide an update on project audit progress
- Company Management - Conduct Audits/ Provide/ Discuss Issues
Education Level - Minimum:
BS/ BA degree in an accredited college or university.
Professional Qualifications/ Mandatory License:
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other audit/accounting/ finance qualification (CA/ CPA)
- Minimum of 8 years of internal audit or related (external audit/ internal controls) experience
- Experience auditing retail, FB, distribution and trading businesses
- Solid understanding of key risk and controls within core audit areas
- Strong working knowledge of internal controls and preferably the COSO Internal Control framework
- Working knowledge of control and risk self-assessment facilitation techniques
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Extensive skill in planning and managing audits and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
- Experience in assessing risk and planning internal audits
- Ability to draft reports and to participate in presentations
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Understanding of IIA's IPPF
- Experience in developing policies and procedures or conducting consulting assignments (Preferred)
- A strong focus on quality, customer satisfaction and doing the right thing.
- Ability to conduct multiple projects.
- Considerable skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Good analytical, time management, research skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in team-based environments.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic (preferred)
About the Company
A leading agri-food company in the UAE.
Group Internal Auditor
Internal Audit Manager
Robert Half International (RHI)
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||20 Mar|
Senior Internal Auditor
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||3 Apr|