Job description / Role
Management and Coordination
• Liaising with different departments and teams of the organization to ensure editors and production teams to ensure company targets are reached while maintaining quality.
• Managing and overseeing AMP’s participation in various events as per International Publishing Director’s approval.
• Oversee the progression and related operations of projects assigned by the International Publishing Director.
• Administer the department budget as determined by senior management, obtain cost estimates and assist in planning publications.
• Supervise improvements of all departments and processes and suggest changes to management accordingly.
• Ensuring employees and business practices conform to country, regional and international regulations.
• Approve production schedules as introduced by the Production department and ensure it is being followed accordingly.
• Monitor publications’ performances through the entire process of publication to ensure maximum author satisfaction.
• Managing, coordinating and overseeing daily operations and publishing business of all AMP offices and developing appropriate strategies to enhance growth in all departments.
• Coordinate and guide department managers with regards to management, mentoring and training of staff and developing training materials for them when needed.
• Monitoring and assisting in improving our client retention and improved their experience working with us.
• Conducting periodic meetings with department heads to track their progress and plan ways to improve it.
Reporting and Strategizing
• Evaluate existing marketing campaigns, it’s implementation and determine ways to improve and ensure they are updated according to market trends.
• Understand the company's local territory needs, issues and opportunities and work in partnership with all teams, departments and the business development manager to ensure all agreed strategy is executed accordingly.
• Creating reports for International Publishing Director, often involving weekly and monthly assessments of KPIs across departments and offices.
• Suggest advertising and marketing plans and oversee implementation, after International Publishing Director’s approval, to achieve objectives.
• Assisting the International Publishing Director with business development tasks and projects.
• Travel domestically and/or internationally as required
• Keep abreast of competitor activity to assist in gaining market-leading advantage
• React quickly and effectively to unforeseen opportunities
AED 18,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Minimum of ten years publishing experience at a senior level is desired
• Experience of working with key retailers and understanding of the retail dynamic related to publishing
• Understanding of content creation and requirements, and ability to steer key projects with licensors and production companies
• Ability to manage assets
• Ability to liaise with US & UK based contacts as well as ones in other areas in Gulf region, etc.
• Appreciation of territory specific publishing formats and asset requirements
• Creative approach with the ability to “think outside of the box” in order to deliver unique and creative opportunities
• Strong people management skills to work within a diverse and complex structure
• Proactive and self-motivated whilst also being an effective team player
• Highly organised and able to manage complex tasks independently to tight deadlines
• Entrepreneurial, articulate and personable with excellent presentation and communication skills
• Previous experience working in industries related to education, publishing, entertainment, children’s and lifestyle brands, etc.
• Second and/or third language preferred
About the Company
Recruits Management Consultancy was established in 2005 in recognition of the need for high quality, affordable staffing and management expertise to be more readily available to organizations in our chosen markets.
We are a leading service provider offering cutting edge solutions to help businesses and individuals in an ever-evolving world. The services we offer include recruitment, management consulting, marketing and travel solutions.
Above all, we make a difference in the performance of our clients and this is what leads to us having very high levels of repeat business with our existing clients and a large number of referrals from satisfied clients.
Business Manager - Head of Buying
Quest Search & Selection
RTC-1 Employment Services
Client Servicing Manager - Social Media & Content
Right Calibre Executive Search
Retail General Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services