Job description / Role
Souq.com, an amazon company
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. With more than 2,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India.
At Souq.com, an Amazon company we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Do you have an obsession for customers and a strong interest in building innovative solutions? Do you have proven analytical capabilities, exceptional communication, project management skills, ability to root cause and permanently eliminate defects, and possess the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment?
We are seeking a senior leader in the field of Quality to join and lead our team responsible for managing Inventory and Quality Analysis for our Fulfillment Centers in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment of the rapidly growing Indian market. The leader will be responsible to build programs to error proof Fulfillment Center processes to sustain world class quality through explosive growth. In this role, you will partner with the FC leadership, dive deep into processes, identify defect sources, and build programs and improve processes to eliminate those defects, both in existing and new fulfillment centers. This role calls for an individual who is technically smart to gain credibility with customers and stake holders at various levels of the organization.
The successful candidate:
- Is smart, hard-working and creative person who loves business, loves solving difficult problems and loves 'getting it done'
- Can think big and develop new ideas, simultaneously good at nurturing new ideas and applying high standards to weed out those that are least valuable.
- Is comfortable collaborating and influencing team members, working with development teams and other business groups, and presenting projects to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Has the ability to partner to build and execute on new initiatives and roadmaps each year.
- Will take fierce ownership of the quality metrics and processes and will partner with the sites to drive innovation and process rigor to achieve world class quality levels.
- Will compile, manage and report on weekly project metrics and be responsible for leading many high profile meetings to align on project requirements.
- Build relationships and identify with stakeholders across the organization.
- Has the technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams.
- Possesses or can quickly learn fulfillment center operational skills to identify and implement solutions that scale with our scale.
- 7+ years in project/program management/Inventory Control/Quality Assurance, or Lean 6-Sigma is required.
- Bachelor's degree in either a technology or business discipline from a reputed institute.
- History of successfully managing multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers and whether they are the correct or best metrics to measure/manage a business or process.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects and history of establishing effective process for ongoing programs.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Experience managing people
- Self-directed travel as necessary, up to 50%
- MBA from a premier institute preferred
- Experience with an e-commerce company is a plus
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Innovative and self-directed
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
- Knowledge of MySql
- Proficient with MS Excel
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.