Investment Associate - Private Equity (UAE National)
Job description / Role
The Investment Associate will help to facilitate EIA’s investments with Private Equity. This position includes responsibilities for building and maintaining financial models, contributing to new due diligence projects, monitoring existing relationships as well as supporting the Investment Directors in the assessment, structuring and negotiation of fund investments and co-investments.
- Prepare financial models and sensitivities, review external sources of due diligence and support the team in the assessment, structuring and negotiation of investments
- Perform financial analysis, coordinate with advisors on due diligence and work with third party managers where appropriate
- Support the Investment Manager and/or Investment Director on the development of investment recommendations
- Maintain database of investment highlights of all prospective and rejected investments
- Maintain database of key terms and conditions of all prospective and rejected investments
- Conduct research into new or prospective opportunities to assist the Investment Manager/Director or Chief Investment Officer in screening and assessing opportunities
Monitoring of Existing Investments
- Review periodical reports regarding existing investment managers / general partners. Analyze fund manager’s estimate of fair values of each holding and make valuation recommendations to the Investment Director and/or Chief Investment Officer, as required
- Monitor accounting and performance calculations for each investment to ensure proper determination of investment performance
- Work with Operations personnel to ensure appropriate accounting for investments performance, detect errors and assist Operations in receiving all information required from internal and external sources on a timely basis, including financial statements and fair value estimates
- Monitor receipt of financial statements from investee companies and fund managers in compliance with agreements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business; MBA is desirable
- Relevant professional certificates such as CFA an advantage
- 4-6 years in Investment Management or related financial role required
- Thorough understanding of valuation methods including the building of complex financial models
About the Company
Emirates Investment Authority (EIA) is the only Sovereign Wealth Fund of the Federal Government of the United Arab Emirates. Established in 2007, the EIA has actively sought unique investment opportunities locally, regionally and internationally, focusing on investing in asset classes that will help strengthen and diversify the UAE economy.
Its primary directive is to manage the sovereign wealth of the UAE by investing in a diversified portfolio of assets in key economic sectors and industries with the aim of delivering sustained financial gains for the UAE.