Job description / Role
Investment Manager (Private multi-asset investment firm in Abu Dhabi)
Our client is a regional private multi-asset investment firm in Abu Dhabi with presence in several asset classes including platform investments, public equity and venture capital.
The key purpose of the Investment Manager role is to be responsible for developing and managing investment opportunities through proper investment process and asset allocation criteria. He/ She will also oversee and monitor the performance of new and existing platform to achieve set goals and exits. This role reports directly to the Managing Director/ Chairman.
- Develop key investment themes and identify potential target companies within relevant segments; Propose investment strategies & implementation plans.
- Support Deal sourcing and execution of new investment transactions; Analyze market and develop comparative/industry analysis.
- Supervise and provide quality assurance of complex, financial modeling and analysis, valuation, and financial statement analysis.
- Plays key role in M&A activities by providing analytic support, project management, presentations, communication and recommendations to senior management.
- Leading the due diligence process when assessing new investments overseeing the building of financial models for potential new investments.
- Assisting in all aspects of deal execution including market and financial due diligence, structuring and contract negotiation.
- Guide the integration and value creation of acquired companies.
- Providing hands-on support to portfolio companies on various matters (i.e. reporting, financial and capital program analysis, budgeting); business model assessments & enhancements; Seek operational efficiencies within underlying entities; Driving value creation and leading exit routes for portfolio companies; support strategy implementation by linking qualitative & quantitative KPIs to financial performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional deal teams to structure the deal, prepare and close all required documentation;
- Management of deal structuring and interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in all public, local equity and fixed income investments considerations.
- Build and manage VC investment opportunities and related process for startups and early-stage investments.
- University degree in Economics, Finance, Investment or a related discipline, professional qualifications such as CFA, and master’s degree is a plus
- Fluent in English, with preference to Arabic speaking candidates
- 15 years+ experience within Private Equity, (Investment) Banking (M&A, corporate finance) or similar.
- Knowledge in Venture capital & start-ups with ability to build a pipeline of early-stage investments.
- Excellent financial, capital operation, project appraisal and investment decision-making skills.
- Previous transaction experience on either the buy or sell side.
- Strong understanding of and experienced in building financial models for valuations and financial returns analysis.
- Ability to apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving.
- High level of discipline and integrity with positive attitude and ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively: strong project / process management skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with people at all levels.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and presentation.
- Technically proficient (Advanced) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint essential
About the Company
ADIV Human Resources Consultancy is an Abu Dhabi based on-shore company and we operate with high standards and provide value-added services. We understand the volatility of the market and the change in the needs of its clients. Keeping this in mind, we hire only the best of Consultants whose exposure to the market and the region is of the highest standards.
ADIV Human Resources Consultancy will make the talented people fit into the right place so that they can enhance their skills. We uphold this responsibility to fulfill our commitment as ‘Let’s make the solutions possible for all diversity of people’.