Job description / Role
We are looking for a qualified iOS developer to maintain our mobile app. You will be working with our design and UX team to develop and maintain our streaming video mobile application. Our team is small, fast-paced and passionate about delivering excellent content to youth in the GCC. As an iOS developer, you’ll collaborate with the internal team to maintain our mobile application, improving the build and adding new functionality when required. Ultimately, you should be comfortable designing and building the next generation of our mobile applications.
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Liaise with the Product Development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- Proven work experience as a Mobile developer
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store
- Familiarity with streaming video in general and the AWS OTT stack in particular
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience with iOS, Objective-C, Cocoa
- Hands on experience with to HTML5, CSS, XML, API
- Coursework in Object-Oriented programming languages (C++/Java, etc)
- Must have experience in Mac OS platforms
- A passion for technology and the ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
STRATEGIC CREATIVITY :
- Contribute to the creative and ideas part of the business, using your creative and analytical skills
- Develop the creation of our own in-house social media content studio (greenroom /camera etc)
- Work on process around content creation including software licenses Managing the
- Creation of content for social channels
- Responsible for identifying target audience and ensuring the right channels and content
- Build on your emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Grow your presence in the industry, including relationships within agency partners and industry bodies to support professional stature
- Complete mandatory training
About the Company
We are a ‘New Media’ company, born in one of the most dynamic and vibrant cities in the Middle East. Our mission is to be the ‘New Media’ company of choice in the Middle East by generating profitable growth through innovation and breaking the mold in marketing communications.
Augustus established in 2015 with offices in Dubai & Riyadh, recognised as SME company of the year at the 2018 MENA Effies. Current portfolio of brands includes Lovin Dubai, Lovin Saudi & SMASHI TV.
We understand that achieving our mission is based upon strong values and we have identified three that sit right at our core.
- Ingenuity: There is a bit of genius in everything we do. We take pride in our creative originality.
- Tenacity: Good things come to those who work for them. We always persevere and persist.
- Velocity: High level performance is about speed and momentum. We are fast and agile in how we think, operate and how we act.