Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people lives?
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our iOS developers have a passion to push mobile technologies to the limits. As an iOS Developer, you work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation mobile applications in a scalable manner.
- Design and build advanced, scalable applications for the iOS platform.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Integrate with our backend services (JSON, XML, etc.) to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users.
- Working on end-to-end product modules/features from requirement to going live.
- Design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to team members on technical matters.
- Gather requirements by interacting directly with the end users and advocate delightful user experiences.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- You use core animation to create engaging motion effects and intuitive interfaces.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- 3+ years of iOS application development, with extensive use of Swift, I/O, collections, algorithms and well-known application frameworks.
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigm under iOS, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency and multithreading.
- Experience in iOS-specific application development and publishing iOS apps in the appstore.
- Good understanding of design patterns.
- Good understanding of the full mobile development life cycle. Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience in working with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions. Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal).
- Competitive remuneration and equity shares
- Premium medical insurance (including spouse and children)
- 25 working days annual leave
- Discounted Careem rides plus free credits inline with company growth
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.