Job description / Role
Their major role is to provide support for all departments and end users in the organization. They should ensure that computer hardware and software, as well as networks and servers, work consistently and correctly. The candidate may install programs, configure networks and databases, and provide assistance to end users. They should focus on one or more areas of IT support, such as information security, database administration, or server maintenance.
Install and Configure Networks
• The candidate will work directly with an organization’s servers and networks, performing setup, enhancement, and maintenance tasks.
• They should ensure that employees’ work stations can successfully connect to networks and access business-critical data at all times.
• They may also configure network security settings and connect peripheral devices, like printers and scanners, that are used by multiple users.
• The candidate should be able to build an organization’s database architecture so that data is correctly stored and easily accessible.
• This can involve setting up data storage and retrieval protocols, adjusting permissions, and maintaining data security and integrity during migrations, backups, and day-to-day use.
• IT specialist must use their expertise in database programs and languages to support enterprise-wide database access.
Provide User Support
• Provide direct support to users across the organization.
• This can include helping set up hardware or software, diagnosing connectivity or data access problems, answering questions about hardware or software, and helping users access shared drives and devices.
Manage Information Security
• Maintain information security throughout the organization by monitoring access logs and building database security procedures.
• They may also set up antivirus programs at work stations, develop policies for email security, and perform periodic data audits and backups to prevent information loss and unauthorized access.
Troubleshoot Systems and Hardware
• Support the company’s users by troubleshooting systems and hardware, particularly after server migration or an organization-wide update.
• The IT specialist identifies issues with new hardware or software and works with users or on the back end of servers to quickly resolve those issues and prevent delays.
• The candidate must prepare reports on hardware and software issues as part of this role.
Tools of the Trade
• Server software (Windows or Linux)
• Database management software (MySQL, Microsoft Access)
• Active Directory
• Administration & monitoring of CCTV, bio metric systems
• Switches & Routers
• Access Points
•. Linux (ubuntu)
• Email Management, Traffic Management, Troubleshooting & Migration
IT Specialist Skills and Qualifications
• Hardware and software configuration – needs a great deal of knowledge about hardware and software configuration for servers, networks, computers, and peripherals
• Information security – this role requires extensive familiarity with information security practices and procedures to protect organization data from intrusion or corruption
• Problem-solving skills – troubleshoot networks, computers, and devices, so they’re excellent creative and technical problem-solvers
• Communication skills – effective written and verbal communication skills are vital in this role, since IT specialists work directly with users and IT department personnel
• Time management – must be able easily move between duties and responsibilities to effectively prioritize and manage their own schedules
• Bachelor’s degree in a field such as computer science.
• Experience- Must possess at least 3 years of work experience in IT support roles, particularly in their areas of focus
About the Company
We are experts in helping companies create great promotional products that are effective in marketing goals.We have been doing this for many years and we are proud to say that we offer our clients with branding opportunities that really work.