Job description / Role
As an Application & Development manager, you will be responsible for the management of the application group that has specific responsibility for building or configuring, maintaining or enhancing, and eventually decommissioning applications through their life cycle. You would also be responsible for our clients business integration platforms.
A very exciting, multinational organisation that is undergoing a large scale digital transformation to significantly upgrade the experience they offer to their customers and streamline their business processes.
* Provide leadership, vision and direction to the applications organisation to ensure it will contribute to the company achieving its goals.
* Work with CIO and other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy.
* Define and enhance methodologies (like Agile, Scrum) and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
* Implement and manage application life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
* Overseeing the assessment of the technical fitness of the in-house developed application portfolio and their associated costs and risks.
* Working with stakeholders to define a prioritised set of business outcomes and application work to accomplish those outcomes within the limitations of the application budget.
Highly competitive tax free salary + benefits on offer for the right candidate
* Graduate / Post graduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Management or a related field.
* Experience in software design/development, mobile applications, application architecture, project management, software as a service (SaaS), software integration, automated software testing, data management/governance, business intelligence, and security and process analysis.
* Strong knowledge in Lean IT, agile development, and DevOps principles and frameworks.
* Experience transitioning an organisation from traditional practices to agile development methodologies.
* Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.