Job description / Role
IT Helpdesk Engineer for Abu Dhabi Government Entity (Outsourced role)
Our client is a government entity in Abu Dhabi in the domain of financial services.
To ensure support to customers and assisting them with hardware and software problems, via phone or email, so that customers can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated requests within established SLAs.
• Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help from service owners.
• Role type: Outsourced
• Division: Technology and Digital
• Section: Infrastructure and Technical Support
• Reports to: Manager Infrastructure and Technical Support
Key Job Responsibilities
• Provide first and second line technical support, answering user queries relating to hardware and software problems, via desk visit, phone and email
• Answer and log all service desk calls that are received via desk visit, telephone and email in a timely manner, escalating any issues to third line support when required
• Proactively monitor the Service Desk inboxes
• Resolve IT Support issues, aiming to resolve as many calls as possible as first point of contact
• Give customers confidence that their issue is understood and being dealt with promptly, keeping them informed of
• progress, driving issues through to resolution, offering mitigations where applicable
• Maintenance of user accounts on various systems
• Maintenance of the Firm’s hardware, i.e. mobile devices, laptops, PCs, monitors etc.
• Process management such as new joiners, leavers, mobile distribution, laptop loans etc.
• Assist with Conference / Meeting Room assistance
• Building and installing PCs and mobile devices
• Assistance with Project work and implementation
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent recurring issues.
• Alert management and service owners to emerging trends in incidents.
• Assist in software releases and rollouts according to Change Management best practices.
• Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to service owners, when required.
• Record, track and document the Service Desk incident solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
• Assist in providing assistance to colleagues, when request volumes are high.
• Perform post-resolution follow ups with colleagues, as required.
• Reinforce SLAs to manage customer expectations
• Analyse user problems or enquiries and follow through to resolution within agreed service level agreements to provide excellent customer service and to ensure users are able to continue to work
• Monitor the local office call queue for incidents ensuring all issues raised are dealt with in an effective & efficient manner, where possible ensuring these incidents do not breach agreed SLA
• Support and maintain mobile devices, alongside the associated applications
• Test new software and hardware, perform installations and updates for all IT equipment including desktops & laptops
• Be aware of the technologies, ITIL & ISO processes and procedures in use within the department
• Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences or relevant discipline.
• Must have 6 years of experience in the relevant field in a face paced working environment.
• Must be a native Arabic speaker and have professional fluency in English.
About the Company
ADIV Human Resources Consultancy L.L.C.” is an Abu Dhabi based on-shore company and we operate with high standards and provide value-added services. We understand the volatility of the market and the change in the needs of its clients. Keeping this in mind, we hire only the best of Consultants whose exposure to the market and the region is of the highest standards. “ADIV Human Resources Consultancy L.L.C.” will make the talented people fit into the right place so that they can enhance their skills. We uphold this responsibility to fulfill our commitment as ‘Let’s make the solutions possible for all diversity of people’
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Help Desk Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||10 Feb|
IT System Administrator
Easy World Automation
IT Admin Officer
RTC-1 Employment Services
Desktop Support Engineer
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE