Job description / Role
The IT Infrastructure Architect - Systems (PSS) is responsible for the design and implementation of server and network infrastructure for the PSS and Corporate systems both on premise and cloud. He/she ensures that the flydubai hosted PSS and Corporate systems can cope with the rapid growth of flydubai in both size and complexity over the next 10 years. He/she ensures that the PSS and Corporate systems leverages the latest server infrastructure to provide a cost effective, secure and scalable solution for flydubai
- Architect, design and build the server and storage infrastructure solution for FZ hosted PSS and Corporate platform on premise and cloud, considering the following parameters:
• Current transaction volume
• Projected growth in transactions
• Current data/transaction complexity
• Future data/transaction complexity
• Data security regulatory requirements
• Business requirements related to storage
• Business to business communication and interfacing requirements of the PSS and Corporate platforms
• Business to consumer communication and interfacing requirements of the PSS and Corporate platforms
- Security and Regulatory controls
- Manage the ongoing maintenance and enhancement of server and storage infrastructure solution for FZ hosted PSS and Corporate platform
- Research and recommend innovative solutions for PSS and Corporate server and storage infrastructure requirements considering locally hosted, cloud and hybrid solution options
- Ensure that all PSS and Corporate data is stored and backed up to ensure that in the event of a system failure, FZ data and system security is not compromised
- Define and document the PSS and Corporate server and storage infrastructure related SLAs.
- Create HLDs, LLDs and Enterprise Architecture diagrams and keep them updated.
- Implement the PSS and Corporate server and storage infrastructure related SLAs
- Establish KPIs and Monitor/Measure and report the PSS and Corporate server and storage infrastructure related SLAs
- Design and implement the PSS and Corporate DR system and associated processes
- Develop and document the relevant PSS and Corporate server infrastructure SOPs and keep them updated.
- Develop and implement the Infrastructure strategy in conjunction with the Senior Management.
- Act as a project management as well as the technical and functional SME for the PSS and Corporate projects
- Install and configure server and storage infrastructure, peripherals and services in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements for the PSS and Corporate projects
- Install, configure and maintain load balancers related to the PSS and Corporate network infrastructure
- Manage PSS and Corporate Infrastructure projects
- Adhere to flydubai change management process and procedures for efficient use and handling of all resource changes (Hardware, software, cloud service and data) to minimize the impact of Change-related faults.
- Implement server infrastructure maintenance and management procedures and ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Create RFPs, RFQs and BOMs for projects.
- Manage Contracts for maintenance and services of infrastructure and services.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to the Network and Security team
- Ensure that cloud infrastructure is securely, optimally and cost effectively operated by proactively managing the capacity, availability and security
- Create and provide executive and operational level reports for both on premise and cloud infrastructure and its consumption.
- Champion and implement innovative automated technologies to streamline infrastructure operations.
- Architect and maintain other cloud based SAAS applications such as Office 365
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education
- Relevant HP, VMWARE, LINUX, MICROSOFT and Cisco Certifications
- Relevant AWS or Azure certifications
- ITIL Certification
- PMP Certification
- 15+years experience in IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Architecture design both on premise data centres and cloud
- 10+ years experience in critical highly available IT Infrastructure design in the airline commercial systems or similar domain
- IT Technical system designer in at least major cloud implementation within the last 5 years
- 10+ years' proven experience in Linux, Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory & Domain architecture, NTFS permissions, WINS, DNS, DHCP, OS security, Hyper V, MS Exchange, Office 365, VMware, Software Defined Data centers
- 7+ years proved experience in maintenance of the server infrastructure of a Tier 1 system
- 5+ years proven experience working on a high transaction volume, high availability, mission critical system
- Familiarity with IT Security and Architecture reviews
- Familiarity with handling and mitigating attacks related to viruses, and malware
- Hands-on investigation and log analysis exposure
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
About the Company
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
- Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 44 countries.
- Opened up 62 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- Operates a single fleet type of 58 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and will take delivery of more than 100 aircraft by the end of 2023.
In addition, flydubai's agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai's economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai's vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.