Job description / Role
• In the context of a large transformation program involving a major IT partner based in Shanghai, the PMO will assist the project managers on a day-to-day to facilitate the relationship with the IT partner's team, along with providing support on the usual project management activities (planning, scope control, budget control, work streams coordination, meetings facilitation & minutes, project reports production)
Mandatory Language requirement:
• Native Mandarin speaker
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance
• Planning - under the supervision of the project managers: maintain the project plan consolidating Company activities and IT partners's activities/milestones. Re-plan according to actual progress made and remaining work.
• Scope control: assist the project managers in collecting the change requests from the business or technical teams, and making sure their rationale is documented/prepared before the decision-making.
• Budget control: track the actual costs spent on the project (onsite consultants working on a Time & Material basis, settlement of the delivery milestones as per the fixed price agreement with the IT vendor, other expenses tracking such as: licenses costs, travel and accommodation costs) Assist the project managers to reforecast the budget on a monthly basis, based on actuals and estimated remaining costs.
• Work streams coordination: facilitate and ensure the production of the weekly reports from each work stream leader (e.g. Digital stream, IT stream) Consolidate the reports from the different streams before the weekly project committees.
• Meetings facilitation & minutes: assist the project managers before, during and after the meetings (agenda preparation, invitations, minutes of meeting, actions log update and follow-up)
• Project reports production - document the project status reported to Company local sponsors (monthly steering committees) and to executives at Company level (quarterly strategic projects review)
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Halian is an IT services company with a strong track record of delivering value for our customers across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Africa.
The experience we have gained means that we can help our clients reduce information technology costs, increase IT systems performance, and free up valuable internal resource to focus on core business activities. Our knowledge base covers a variety of industry sectors including Government, Healthcare, Telecommunications and Pharmaceuticals, as well as a specialist Financial markets capability in our Luxembourg office.
We operate with a culture of openness and trust that helps us to develop strong working relationships with our clients and with our core technology partners Dell, Oracle, Red Hat and Symantec.
Our three key service offerings of Managed Services, Resourcing Services and Professional Services can be used independently or integrated to provide a truly comprehensive service.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
IT Project Manager - Contract
IT Technical Support Manager - ITIL Expert
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)