Job description / Role
As an IT Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of key projects and ensure that a common corporate vision is established and well communicated. You will have a diversified background of technical experience, demonstrated project management acumen, and excellent vendor management skills
Organisation going through exciting transition and investing heavily in people and technology.
* Contribute to the development of the PMO department's annual business plan in order to ensure that the plans are aligned and congruent with the needs and plans of the department.
* Manage the provision of adequate support to teams/divisions in building internal planning capabilities through conducting and facilitating awareness sessions and training workshops.
* Contribute to the preparation of the PMO department budget, and monitor the financial performance of a given area of activity versus set budget to ensure alignment with set budget guidelines.
* Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
* Maintains organisation's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
* Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and relevant teams.
* Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organisation outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
* Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
* Attractive salary and great working culture
* Fast-moving transformation environment
* Exciting project portfolio and the opportunity to work in a leading organisation
* Must be a UAE National
* Bachelors or masters degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
* Solid work experience of 4 to 5 years of progressive project management responsibilities in the space of IT.
* Experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams influencing key stakeholders across the organisation and within complex contexts.
* Demonstrated experience in both planning and successful execution roles in complex environments.
* Experience of Agile project methodology is highly advantageous.
* Successful track record of managing large-scale projects in terms of budget and scope - as well as managing strong teams of strategy professionals.
* Articulate with excellent communication skills in English and Arabic - demonstrable experience working closely with demanding stakeholders in the UAE.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior IT Manager