Job description / Role
Our client, an Multi-National Innovative IT Solution & Security System provider who specialise in IT and security for business and are heavily engaged in the banking, retail and hospitality sectors are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager.
The role requires significant interaction with clients, which may be face-to-face or over the telephone.
Tasks are varied and include:
- Understanding customers' diverse, specific business needs and applying product knowledge to meet those needs;
- Ensuring quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of Employers' systems and processes and then documenting them;
- Cold-calling in order to create interest in products and services, generate new business leads and arrange meetings;
- Identifying and developing new business through networking and courtesy and follow-up calls;
- Preparing and delivering customer presentations and demonstrations of the software, articulately and confidently;
- Marketing and promoting a portfolio of products by writing and designing sales literature and through attending industry events;
- Maintaining awareness and keeping abreast of constantly changing software and hardware systems and peripherals;
- Developing effective sales plans using sales methodology;
- Providing technical advice to customers on all aspects of the installation and use of computer systems and networks, both before and after the sale;
- Advising on software features and how they can be applied to assist in a variety of contexts, such as accounting, manufacturing or other specialist areas;
- Meeting sales targets set by managers and contributing to team targets;
- Networking with existing customers in order to maintain links and promote additional products and upgrades;
- Handling hardware or software problems and faults and referring on to specialist technical colleagues;
- Responding to tender documents, writing proposals, reports and supporting literature;
- Managing workload in order to organise and prioritise daily and weekly goals;
- contributing to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues.
- Self-motivation and a competitive, results-driven attitude;
- Passion, dedication and focus;
- A good level of technical understanding with enthusiasm for new technology and its commercial uses;
- Stamina, resilience and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Articulate and confident presentation skills and professional telephone manner;
- Time-management skills and the ability to prioritise;
- Attention to detail;
- Persuasive and influential verbal communication skills;
- A strong team spirit;
- Business awareness;
- A full, clean driving licence if the job includes regular travel to clients' premises.
About the Company
About the Adecco Group
The Adecco Group, based in Zurich, Switzerland, is the world's leading provider of workforce solutions. With more than 33,000 FTE employees and around 5,100 branches in 60 countries and territories around the world, the Adecco Group offers a wide variety of services, connecting approximately 700,000 associates with our clients every day. The services offered fall into the broad categories of temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition and talent development, as well as outsourcing and consulting. The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company.