Job description / Role
Position : IT Supervisor
Department : IT
Reports to : Director of IT
IT Supervisor will maintain information technology systems and networks. He will perform both technical and administrative tasks to ensure functionality and efficiency of computer and telecom systems.
HARDWARE : Ensures that the hotel works with Accor Hardware partners. Has a good relationship to Hardware Partners. Supports the Hotel in resolving Hardware issues through escalation of issues with Hardware partners. Considered as Hardware: Computers, Servers, Routers, Switches, Cables, PABX, Monitors, and Screens, Point of Sale devices, all relevant interfaces, UPS and related devices, and other active components.
SOFTWARE : Ensures that all Accor IT Policies and Guidelines are being applied in the hotel. Ensures that only original and properly licensed application programmes according to the IT management's policy and requirement are running on the hotel's systems and computers. Has a good relationship to the Software suppliers. Supports the hotel in resolving Software issues by escalation of issues to Software suppliers.
USER : Ensures that no user in the hotel has access to programs other than needed to perform the job. He/she is in charge to provide and maintain a training program (in coordination with the Training department). This is to enable the best possible know how, skill level and use of systems by all employees in the Hotel.
SECURITY / DATASAFE : Is responsible for compliance of the Hotel with Accor IT Security Policy. Is responsible for the backup of all relevant user generated data, be it part of the general system or personal systems. He/she assures that always relevant backup policies are duly respected and the system reaches the highest level of security.
- Servers Infrastructure - Physical and Virtual
- Networks - Data, Voice and Wi-Fi
- Property management systems (PMS) and Sales & Catering System (S&C) replacement or upgrade and alignment
- Central profile solutions (CP)
- Central reservations systems (CRS)
- Revenue management systems (RMS)
- Various middleware / Interfaces
- Data warehouse, reporting and Business Intelligence (BI) - Interface Only
- Sales force automation (SFA) - Interface
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Point of Sales application
- Back office accounting software application
- Procurement and inventory management application
- IP TV
- Human resources management system
- Accor brand signature systems (Commercial Systems, WIFI everywhere, etc...)
- Smooth running of all computer systems.
- Regular data safe /backup.
- Compliance with IT Policies and Guidelines
- Institute protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
- Provide advice on the most suitable IT choices
- Provide technical support or training for systems and networks
- Act as link between end users and higher level support
- Install and configure software and hardware (printers, network cards etc.)
- Monitor system and network performance
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration
- Performance maintenance activities (e.g. backups)
- Maintain licenses and upgrade schedules
- Collaborate with other professionals to maintain stand- ards and functionality
- The following duties within frame of work:
- Information / Data Security
In addition to the above system support, the IT Supervisor provides 1st Level support to Guests and Employees in the event of hard and software problems, and /or Hotel equipment failure.
RESPONSIBILITY & AUTHORITY
IT Supervisor must be knowledgeable in software, hardware and networks. He must be critical thinkers and problem-solvers with great attention to detail. Since end user support and teamwork are important aspects of the role, excellent communication and people skills are required.
- Diploma in IT
- Minimum of 2 year s relevant Hotel IT experience
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Support Officer
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services
L1 Desktop Support Engineer
IT Support Specialist
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||14 Dec|
A Leading Company In UAE
|Abu Dhabi||13 Sep|