Job description / Role
We are currently looking for an IT Support staff. Reporting to the Regional CIO, the successful candidate will be responsible to provide technical support to company staff to help them to resolve any software and hardware problems with computers and other technology.
Responsibilities includes (but not limited to) the following:
• Collate and maintain hardware, including servers and networks, software and fault logs, enabling analysis of information to create preventative measures.
• Provide first level support on IT issues.
• Diagnose breakdowns and faults and, where possible, take corrective, remedial action as necessary, to ensure continued IT service to end-users.
• Escalate issues to the IT Service Desk to ensure problems that are more complex can be addressed promptly.
• Train and coach end users to optimize use of desktop software.
• Create and amend use accounts, load approved software and provide diagnosis and resolution so that users have access to the system within an agreed turnaround time.
• Keep up-to-date with developing technologies to ensure the ability to provide continued, current support.
• Provide suitable training in new systems to users and managers to ensure that they make the optimum use of these systems.
• Conduct post project evaluations to ensure that systems implemented are operating effectively and providing the services required by users.
• Maintain an awareness of developments in the IT field and act as a source of advice and expertise to managers and staff within the company.
• Diploma / Degree in Computer, IT or related discipline from a reputable university
• Minimum 3 years work experience in supporting IT Networks, Servers and Infrastructure, Windows PCs, printers and smart phones.
• Strong English communication skills both verbal and written
• Microsoft and Cisco Certified, awareness of ITIL standards
• Troubleshooting skills and problems analysis mentality
• Can work under pressure and with sense of urgency
• Preferably with UAE driving license.
About the Company
G4S UAE is the largest and fastest growing total security solutions provider. This rapidly growing list of products and services, along with the company's global backing, means that we are uniquely placed to provide quality security solutions throughout the United Arab Emirates.
G4S was the first security company in the UAE to start the detailed work to apply for, and achieve, accreditation to ISO 9001:2008. This involved the identification of all key processes and their documentation to form part of the Quality Manual and the Company was awarded the certificate early March 2003. Our Quality Management System is based on functional responsibilities and objectives being clearly defined to support the fundamental management principal that it is the responsibility of every individual in the organisation to deliver quality service to our customers. We are committed to maintaining the Quality Management System. The key strategic objective is to achieve continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of our business process.