Job description / Role
Serco Middle East is seeking for enthusiastic IT Support Engineers to be based in Dubai Air Navigation Services (dans) who will provide an IT support services and conduct maintenance activities for all dans networks and systems in a timely and precise manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will be part of the Tier 1 Support Team who will provide IT support services and conduct maintenance activities for all DANS networks, including associated servers, routers, switches, firewall, workstations and in-house software and systems in a timely and precise manner
- Conduct regular maintenance of the computer network hardware and software to ensure critical updates and security are in place and the network has a high degree of availability
- Conduct regular maintenance of the web-server to ensure that all webs are available with a high degree of reliability
- Support the development of equipment availability in line with agreed operational standards and provide support to installation engineers for the installation of specialized equipment and integration into the networks.
- Troubleshoot computer systems problems onsite including hardware, software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems. Make repairs and corrections where required and act as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data
- Develop and maintain the documentation related to software, operational IT equipment, simulation equipment and network configuration
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of all simulator platforms and observe all safety and security policies and procedures
- Adhere to the applicable information security policies and procedures of dans
- Report any information security breaches or incidents to the management or dans Security team.
- Attend Safety and Information Security awareness sessions conducted within dans.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in an IT Support role working with: TCP/IP, Internetworking, DHCP, WINS, IIS, and DNS servers
- Experience in working with the following systems Window Server 2000, Window Server 2003, Linux
- Experience in working with the following programming languages SQL (Structured Query Language), Sharepoint
- Experience with working with Visual Basic
- Degree / diploma in Electronic Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university
- MSCE (Window Server 2003) Certificate
- A+ (Hardware Engineer) Certification
Additional / special features of the role
- The job holder will work mostly in an office environment with normal working hours as per company policy. Infrequent travel is required to support continuous development of programmes and services through benchmarking activities.
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.