Job description / Role
The IT Support Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Assist with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases of various IT projects. These activities include support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out new solutions.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Provide Level 2/other support per request from IT support staff.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
• Ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages.
• Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
• Provide support for IT Infrastructure related emergencies as well as on call maintenance support
• Maintain systems’ inventory and asset configuration documentation
• Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments
• Trouble shooting and other R&D for problem solving.
• Maintaining core information Records, code files & various table records.
• Promote and ensure compliance with Organization’s Health & Safety policies.
• Safety is a part of each employee’s job, active participation to the safety program is a condition of each employee’s employment in order to achieve safer working environment.
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you will be ask to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in IT
• Certification in ERP Systems administration, IT System’s administration or CCNA/ CCNP MCITP Server
Function specific experience:
• Experience in overseeing system installations, trouble shooting, technical errors.
• In-depth knowledge of hardware and software
• Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends
• Strong customer service ethos
Industry related experience:
• Knowledge of Dredging/Civil Marine industry preferable
Years of experience:
• 04-06 years of relevant experience
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.