Job description / Role
Department: Support and Training
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance and advising computer end users. In Charge of resolving daily users’ hardware and Software problems, The IT Support Specialist monitors the operation of company’s computer system.
In their endeavor to excellence, the fundamental values all our employees must possess are Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility
End Users Support
- Analyse, install and configure new personal computer system; including cables, printers, personal Access, electronic mail, Microsoft processing, operating system, other appropriate Software and Hardware.
- Review, monitor and upgrade existing workstations.
- Provide assistance and instructions concerning the use of computer equipment, Software and manuals.
- Respond to users’ calls and inquiries.
- Understand internal/external customer technologies and problem resolution techniques.
- Listen to symptom descriptions; analyze problems; respond effectively and provide constructive feedback to the end user on problem resolution.
- Provides end users 1st level support for all applications.
IT Asset Administration and maintenance
- Perform routine tasks to maintain computer equipments, their peripherals and data backups.
- Follow up on the daily performance of computer systems to verify correct operation and detect errors.
- Configure, install and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Recommend improvements or upgrade and prepare evaluations of software, Hardware & troubleshoot problems.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Implement policies as set by Group IT in order to protect data, software and hardware to local IT infrastructure.
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- University Degree in computer applications/ Certification MCSA/ MCP or MCSE
- 1 – 2 years experience
- Any Engineering / Computer science degree
- Ideal Employment History/Background
- Retail Stores support
- Preferably 2 to 3 year experience in specific field
Key Expected Accomplishment for first 6-12months:
To Provide POS / Retail store support Independently with minimal supervision
Achievement Drive and Initiative
- The drive to meet and exceed goals and standards of excellence in spite of obstacles, lack of support, opposition or discouragement; the ability to take prompt actions to achieve goals beyond requirements, to seek out new responsibilities and acts on opportunities.
- Focuses on the job, concentrates and resists distractions
- Displays a can do attitude
- Does what needs to be done without hesitation
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- The ability to approach data and situations logically, to break down problems into their component parts and look for underlying causes or thinking through the consequences of different courses of action
- Makes lists without assigning any priority
- Gathers, understands and connects data and information
- Is good at facing up to challenges
- The ability to plan and deliver communications in an impactful, persuasive and tactful way
- Is clear and precise in communication
- Uses standard formats of communication to present information and ideas
- Maintains regular, consistent communication
Concern for Quality
- The ability to check processes and tasks accurately and to ensure high quality standards and output
- Performs routine tasks completely and accurately
- Follows instructions on assigned tasks
- Asks questions to clarify expectations
- Compares finished work according to set expectations
Partnering and Team Working
- The ability to build and maintain positive and effective relationships as well as to value the opinion of others
- Responds positively to requests for help and support
- Is prepared to re-order own priorities if asked for help
Planning and Organizing
- The ability to plan and prioritize work to manage time effectively and accomplish assigned tasks
- Completes tasks allocated on time
- Uses a systematic approach to planning and organizing work and activities
- Prioritizes according to departmental policy
- Handles conflicting priorities in own work
- Organizes information/documents activity or materials for others
Key Technical Competencies:
- The ability to identify and satisfy the needs of internal and external customers, displaying commitment to meeting and exceeding their expectations
- Understands the importance of ongoing customer care and service level
- Asks questions to identify the needs or expectations of customers
- Adjusts personal style to deal with different customers
- The ability to use computer software and applications
- Has a basic knowledge of software and hardware applications and their usage in the department
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of relevant IT packages and systems
IT - Security and Application Protection
- Ability to ensure adequate technical and organizational safeguards to protect the continuity of IT infrastructure services
- Demonstrates awareness of security requirements
- Demonstrates awareness of certification policies
- Demonstrates awareness of privacy requirements and standards
- Understands concepts of IT security and its application to computer systems architecture
- Depth fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures in IT:
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and HR tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
- Demonstration of advanced understanding and practice of
- Computer Hardware, Software, processors, circuit boards, servers, connection LAN/WAN
- Troubleshooting basic physical or software connectivity.
- Commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Providing technical feedback on time.
- Leading and guiding others to develop new skills or knowledge that will enhance their work.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group’s success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group’s competitive edge in today’s market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.