Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organization of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
The primary purpose of the IT Department is to provide an excellent experience for our customers by the Agile delivery of the technology that they need in their everyday business lives. We aspire to be continually recognized as being the best IT operation in the Technology sector in the UAE, through delivering the Strategic Objectives of the organization.
The "Forward IT" Branch is the client facing part of IT. The main role is to interact with business users and ensure that IT is providing the applications and services they need to be able to do their jobs.
Within Forward IT, the IT PMs will be responsible for ensuring the successful execution of Dark Matter projects, using Agile methodology.
- Take ownership for all tasks assigned, from the point they are assigned until agreement is reached; ensuring completion and bringing tasks to a logical closure
- Communicate and report proactively with colleagues, leadership and others in the organization by using appropriate means of communication
- Focus on time management by timely and quick completion of all allotted tasks; quick response to all communications; attendance in all meetings and appointments before the scheduled start time
- Focus on self-development (for both technical and soft skills) by taking initiatives and leveraging the multiple platforms and opportunities at disposal and should be able to demonstrate continuous improvement
In this role, you will:
- Be the primary technical interface to customer and meet/surpass their SLA expectation
- Be able to handle and close 90% of all incidents/requests/demand
- Support / create automation to remove repetitive low value tasks
- Achieve target objective for first time fix of all technology demand
- Troubleshoot, technical actions and technical assistance for:
- Response to all user demand, by portal, phone or email
- Provide 1st line issue resolution for incidents that do not need engineering consideration
- Simple "break/fix" resolutions
- Proactive triage (trend changes, thresholding)
- Tier 1 incident response/resolution across all capabilities with escalation to TechOps or Security Ops
- Investigation and diagnosis, then solving (where possible) or escalating/ reporting changes to the TechOps or Security Ops section
- New service requests
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and resolution for
- Device upgrades
- End user software, hardware
- Solving user profile issue
- Responsible for patching of all front-end systems
- Responsible for creating shared drive and manage tech. escalations
- Responsible for granting permission for folder access and manage tech. escalations
- Responsible for granting access to application and manage tech. escalations
- Responsible for resolving issues during file transfer for users and manage tech. escalations
- Responsible for managing technology tools and manage tech. escalations
- Build an internal solution knowledge base with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies for his/ her area of expertise
- Coordinate with the third party service provider for timely repair of the system under the maintenance agreement warranty, and repairing minor flaws in hardware if not covered under the same and manage tech. escalations
- Develop periodic Service Desk reports on issue trends and statistics for his/ her area of responsibility
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related fiel
- Relevant professional certification would be an advantage
- 6+ years of experience in USC or related areas
- Strong knowledge of general areas within IT Service Desk Areas
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Support Engineer / System Administration
IT Support Engineer
HR Source Consulting
IT Suport Engineer
IT System Administrator
Manpower Middle East
IT Service Desk Senior Analyst