Job description / Role
On behalf of one of clients, we are looking for a Junior Accountant. The role of Accountant will be an integral member of the Middle East Finance Team. Based in Dubai, the Accountant will work closely with the Senior Accountant, AP Accountant and Finance Manager to deliver expertise in maintaining the general ledger and assist the month-end close process for the region.
• Managing of performance and bid bonds
• Preparing weekly bank reconciliations for all entities and post necessary journals
• Monitoring and resolving any bank issues
• Preparing weekly cash report
• Reconciling inter company balances
• Maintaining fixed asset register and completing depreciation postings
• Assisting in the processing of balance sheet reconciliations for each entity, including posting entries for accrued and prepaid expenses
• Assisting senior accountants in the preparation of the monthly and year end closings
• Maintaining orderly filing system
• Performing other duties as assigned
• Relevant degree plus 3-4 years professional work experience
• CA or CPA qualification is preferred but not essential
• Previous professional services experience is preferred
• Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving capability
• Excellent verbal communication skills; fluency in English
• Strong teaming skills
• High degree of flexibility to accommodate a fast-paced environment
• Strong service orientation and responsiveness to requests
• Organizational skills: ability to handle competing priorities effectively
• Comfortable with the use of data based systems and report running
About the Company
With a genuine understanding of what our Clients and Candidates need to succeed, Green Gulf Careers believe that honest and open relationships at every level are paramount to both our success and yours. We have a hugely diverse talent pool and we take the utmost care in matching them to our equally diverse Client base in order to achieve success at every level.
Whilst partnering with organisations across the Gulf, whether it be a SME or a leading Multinational, our team has extensive industry experience and a strong understanding of both the economic trends and cultural business diversities in this region.
When engaging with us, you will deal with a dedicated Consultant who has a strong knowledge of your industry and sector and who will take time to get to know you and your Individual or Company needs. We pride ourselves on our discreet, transparent and service focused approach and to that end, we will form a relationship based on a mutual respect which really assists us understand your requirements. Our experience in industry adds particular value to the recruitment process and whilst we recruit at all levels and disciplines, we offer the same exceptional service levels should you be recruiting a junior member of staff or at Company Director level.