Job description / Role
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is seeking a talented and motivated design professional to advance our architectural practice. The role of Junior Architect will involve a wide range of buildings project types in support of our current, high profile client base.
Working with Lead Architect and Architectural Technicians to deliver projects in the building and water sectors. The successful candidate must possess a good level of technical competency in building design.
• Preparation of design and drawings for all types of buildings as per requirements.
• To create a variety of exterior and interior architectural 3D models.
• Delivering BIM projects using Revit software.
• Work in collaboration with Project lead and other leads and engineers, designers.
• Ensure the use of consistent design standards and best practices on projects
• Project related Communication and co-ordination with other discipline as well as with region.
• Complete all work in line with STANTEC Core Values and in accordance with STANTEC Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Architecture.
• 5 years minimum experience being an Architect.
• Expert in Revit architecture with commitment to continuing professional development.
• Knowledge in Architectural principles, techniques and technical detailing is required to execute the Architectural working drawings to acceptable international standards.
• Should be able to work alone or as part of a team, taking ownership for assigned deliverables & outputs.
• Strong in communication skills (written/verbal) and able to contribute effectively to discipline specific discussions
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact with team members of different disciplines.
• Practical, ‘hands-on’ and up-to-date experience in Architectural design.
• Be inventive and imaginative in building design and master planning.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated team player, keen to develop with our growing organization.
• Demonstrated experience in using current architectural software packages including Revit Architecture.
• Knowledge of Navisworks, 3DStudio MAX, Rhino and Photoshop is added advantage.
• Dynamic with good organizational skills and able to multi-task.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Concept Design Architect
Jouzy Consulting Engineers
Ignite Search & Selection
Architect Project Manager
Jouzy Consulting Engineers