Job description / Role
The Copywriter is responsible for generating the words, slogans and audio scripts that accompany advertising visuals. He/ she is responsible for writing/ proof reading advertising copy for use by publication or broadcast media to promote goods and services.
- Consumer Attention and Client Satisfaction
- Write advertisements copy for use by publication, broadcast or internet media; for newspapers, magazines, radio, television, cinema screens, billboards, catalogues and displays in shops.
- Write brochures, annual reports, documents, speeches and other sales, articles, bulletins, sales letters, and other related informative, marketing and promotional material.
- Invent names for products and write the slogans that appear on packaging, brochures and other promotional material.
- Meet the account management team to discuss client requirements, core messages and product background.
- Consult with sales, media and marketing representatives to obtain information on product or service and discuss style and length of advertising copy.
- Conduct research and interviews to determine which of a product's selling features should be promoted.
- Familiarise themselves with the product, target audience and competitor activities in the market.
- Review advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other data regarding marketing of goods and services to determine the best way to promote products.
- Vary language and tone of messages based on product and medium.
- Develop advertising campaigns, working with creative director and art director to generate workable concepts and ideas and determine the best way to present advertising information.
- Assist art directors with ideas for advertising and promotion, often thinking up names for products and the slogans that appear on the packaging and other promotional material.
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts for the visual and words with other members of the creative team.
- Submit ideas and discuss progress with the creative director before making presentations to clients.
- Present drafts and ideas to clients.
- Discuss with the client the product, advertising themes and methods, and any changes that should be made in advertising copy.
- Amend, revise or redevelop campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director or clients.
- Modify copy until the client is satisfied.
- Write writing various copy options, which may be presented to the client as a story board (a consecutive series of frames depicting the script and drawings that may be used)
- Write to customers in their terms and on their level so that the advertiser's sales message is more readily received
- Proofread copy to check spelling and grammar.
- Cast actors for TV and radio work, listening to voice tapes.
- Keep up to date with popular culture and trends.
- Liaise with production companies, photographers, typographers, designers and printers.
- Oversee the production phase, booking and liaising with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production companies.
- Discuss theme, style and length of copy with advertisers or management, to determine the most suitable approach.
- Plan and write headlines and text in such a way as to appeal to the people most likely to buy the product, and submit copy for approval.
- Work closely with the graphic designer to architect and implement the overall look and feel of the outbound consumer communications materials and website offering.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.