Job description / Role
Atkins has provided unrivalled technical expertise and support to the oil and gas industry for more than three decades. Our highly skilled teams are leading technical developments across the globe. We combine innovation, ingenuity and best practice through all of our services. We are committed to excellence in the delivery of first class solutions, technical excellence and respect for the environment. Due to our continuing expansion we are inviting Offshore Structural Engineers to join our Offshore Structural/ Structural Integrity Management (SIM) team located in Sharjah, UAE.
Our Structural/SIM team is in involved in advanced structural analyses and integrity management of fixed and floating offshore structures. This is a great opportunity for talented engineers to gain technical experience within an internationally renowned consultant delivering projects around the globe.
To fill our current openings, we are inviting talented engineers with minimum 2 years of experience (Engineer) to join our Structural/SIM team in Sharjah, UAE with the following responsibilities/requirements:
• Perform in-place strength, fatigue and ultimate strength analyses of fixed and floating offshore structures using SACS or SESAM Software.
• Structural integrity assessments of existing platforms and design of platform modifications/strengthening.
• Carryout structural design manual calculations to supplement/refine computer-generated analysis results and design of structural components.
• Effective communication of study results to clients, either through verbal presentation or written reports.
• A committed team player able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
• Engineering Degree B.Sc. or equivalent in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Marine or Offshore engineering
• Thorough understanding of Structural Fundamentals Theories (including Strengths of Materials, Structural Dynamics and Non-linear theory)
• Experience with in-place strength, fatigue and ultimate strength analyses of fixed and floating offshore structures using SACS or SESAM Software Packages
• Familiar with Offshore Industry Recommended Codes & Standards Practices
Essential Behavioral Competencies:
• Highly self-motivated and ambitious
• Efficient Team Player
• Highly productive, well organized and with the ability to produce high quality calculations
• Good English communication skills (written and verbal)
• Travel to other company sites may be necessary.
• Offshore survey visits may be required occasionally.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).