Job description / Role
Begin your career within Ebury, one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the world.
Join as a Junior FX Sales Associate (Business Developer) where you will gain extensive knowledge from industry-leading professionals. Throughout your career you will be supported by our world-class Ebury training academy, where you will learn about macro and microeconomics, the psychology of sales, and a range of financial products, incorporating this knowledge into your selling technique.
Even through our tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture, and those who excel in our highly meritocratic and fast-paced environment will be generously rewarded.
What we offer
Competitive salary and package
• Thanks to our induction and full training program you will get introduced to our products, teams and culture, feeling a member of our community from the day you join.
• Continuous learning: our Sales training bootcamps will help you to become more proactive, gain confidence and boost your sales by putting your learning into practice.
• Career Path: At Ebury, we are a meritocracy - your success and efforts will be rewarded.
Enjoy our Team Building activities and get to know your fellow Eburians.
Your Career Path
Your performance as a Business Developer will be measured in terms of new business generation, activity and quality performance targets. The revenue generated from the accounts you bring on for the company will gauge your performance.
Over time Business Developers can move into more senior sales positions, from industry sector specialist to Head of Desk, or progress into a dealing or account management role.
The speed of progression is dependent on performance and capability, Ebury is a genuine meritocracy.
As a Business Developer, you will create, manage and develop new business client opportunities, from cold-calling to close of business, working alongside an experienced team. Specifically, you will:
• Generate Leads
• Develop a database of leads/prospective clients through cold-calling segmented by industry sector and by foreign exchange turnover, as well as trade finance perspective.
• Take advantage of Ebury’s cutting edge, data-driven lead sourcing technology “Sonar”.
• Attend exhibitions or networking events where potential new business opportunities could be pursued.
Create the Ebury Value Proposition
• Research the client and sector to identify possible client needs and solutions Ebury can offer.
• Present Ebury services to prospects and create solutions for their foreign exchange, hedging, payment and/or trade finance requirements.
• Where appropriate set up meetings for you and a senior colleague to visit the client and close business.
• Increase your market knowledge and develop relationships with clients by keeping them up to date on currency
Win business and create opportunities
• Manage the relationship with our account management team to speed up the conversion from sign-up to first trade.
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
• You may be a graduate with an interest in Financial Services or you may have 1-2 years experience within a B2B Sales environment.
• Either way, you will be committed to developing a successful career within FinTech sales and have a strong, self-motivated work ethic.
• You will be someone who seizes opportunities to learn and progress and who wants to join us on the next exciting phase of our growth.
Qualifications and Skills
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent
• Working proficiency in English
• Arabic/Hindi/Urdu language skills preferred
• Connection or Affinity to UAE/Middle East is advantageous
• Demonstrable commercial experience or an interest in and/or a basic knowledge of finance/economics
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access and industry-specific analysis software
• Research skills
• Commercial acumen and drive for results
• Basic understanding of the FinTech industry, with the interest and ability to become a subject matter expert.
• Motivated to work in a target-driven environment.
About the Company
Ebury is a financial services company, specialising in international cash management solutions including cross-border payments, FX risk management, and business lending.
Our unique product offering helps businesses to accelerate and simplify international finance. We provide expertise and excellent customer service, usually reserved for the bank’s biggest customers, with our innovative technology and unrivaled capabilities.
Our mission is to make international finance simple and accessible to all businesses. Whether you’re an international trader, an NGO, an e-commerce platform or a small business owner, our solutions are designed to create a seamless international finance process. Thousands of companies around the globe are trading faster and smarter by using Ebury’s services.
We work with over 49,000 businesses and organisations across Europe, Canada, Australia, UAE and Hong Kong providing them with greater and faster access to finance while helping them to manage currency risk and strategically plan their approach to overseas payments.
Ebury has traded $23bn in foreign exchange over the past 12 months. From 26 offices across 4 continents, Ebury can process transactions in more than 130 currencies – quickly and easily.
Regulated as an Electronic Money Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority and backed by the most respected investors in new technologies, Ebury is a trusted partner to clients worldwide.
Ebury is a member of TechCityUK’s FutureFifty 2017 and the Deloitte UK Technology Fast 50 2017, which recognises the fastest growing UK based tech companies.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
Sales Associate / Retail Assistant / Retails Sales
Junior Market Researcher
Market-i Research Services
Executive Assistant Trainee - Internship
NSI & Bluefin Talent