Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
Our Junior Legal Advisor - Arabic speaking is responsible for conducting research and analysis and keeping up to date with new regulation for New Technologies and Digital department. The job holder will also support the Legal team through the drafting of contracts, auditing existing contracts and performing routine administrative tasks.
- Follow all relevant Group policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Implement activities under close supervision
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner
- Preparation of Legal Documents and Contracts:
- Assist in the drafting of a wide variety of legal documents
- Generate drafts of contracts and agreements
- Research, Analysis and Consultation:
- Conduct legal and factual research and data analysis as directed
- Provide legal analysis of contractual and regulatory issues
- Flag specific contractual issues of agreement and report
- Participate in meeting and conferences pertaining to resolution of contracting issues
- Participate in the review of new legislation requiring contractual compliance, and implements systems required to attain compliance
- Develop contracts to achieve compliance, negotiating legal issues as appropriate
Routine Administrative Tasks:
- Establish, maintain, process, and/or oversee files, correspondence, databases, records, certificates, and/or other documents
- Liaise with government officials, business divisions, external law offices, brand principles, JV companies and management on various legal issues
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
What you'll need to succeed
- University Degree in Law or any related field
- 1-2 years of experience in the same field or a similar field
- Technical: corporate background with a strong interest in IT/ digital.
- Language: Arabic is a must and French a plus
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.