Job description / Role
Our Junior People Partner is responsible for the implementation of Group wide policies and procedures as well as implementing brand specific People strategies within their area of focus. The role holder will be accountable for supporting across multiple brands, with a lens on continually monitoring, reporting and enhancing the local employee experience. The role be required to focus on both HR operations and strategic imperatives, requiring a solid HR background and the ability to collaborate and partner at all levels in the business.
- Through guidance from the Head of People / People Partners, implement the Group's HR polices and procedures and support with brand or business unit specific projects, campaigns or initiatives:
- Support the business unit People team with recruitment, performance management, succession planning, retention, talent development, compensation and rewards, employee relations, and employee engagement.
- Work closely with the business unit People Data Analyst and People Partners to manage workforce planning locally, ensuring vacancies are managed in line with the approved budget and executed as per the correct recruitment process and present final outputs to brand leaders.
- Escalate or respond to employee feedback to ensure local approaches motivate and develop employees to deliver high quality, customer-centred services.
- Be an active and effective member of the Leadership Team, and stakeholder meetings representing the voice of our People and providing guidance around Group HR polices, approaches, and Culture transformation.
- Lead the development and implementation of local People strategies.
- Implement brand specific employee onboarding, training and development programs to improve the depth and breadth of employee's skills set and to raise awareness around behavioural, technical and leadership competencies.
- Work with the Group's Talent Acquisition team to ensure internal and external recruiting strategies result in relevant, high calibre candidates being identified.
- Work closely with Group HR to implement the annual performance management cycle.
- Partner with Group Rewards to review and monitor the effectiveness of employee commission schemes and put forward recommendations for change.
- Support with the delivery of employee profiling to identify our HiPoS and to support development discussions; educate teams around career paths and support all succession planning and talent development activities.
- Collaborate with learning team to assess training needs so relevant and inspiring training and development programmes are available and monitor the brand's training budget and individual's learning consumption.
- Use all available HR data to ensure HR analytics supports all reporting, action planning and decision making and put forward business requirements when needed.
- Work closely with People Data Analyst to update reporting lines and cost centre allocations
- Champion both Group and brand specific Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, with a key focus on culture change, nationalisation and employee wellbeing.
- Collaborate with the Group's People Experience team to design employee engagement surveys, and be accountable for the necessary action planning and improvement goals.
- Manage all people and process related employee communications, using My Chalhoub and other inspirational approaches to embed key messages.
- Participate in the recruitment process through assessment centres or competency-based interviews.
- Review all proposed internal transfers within the vertical and provide recommendations.
- Respond to or escalate all employees' grievances and follow through till resolution
- Knowledge of HR best practices and industry standards
- Employee centric with the ability to build trust and act as a coach and mentor for employees
- Self-aware, with the appropriate leadership skills to inspire, manage and develop high performing teams
- Comfortable with healthy challenge and able to operate at a strategic level
- Experience of working in a fast-pace, matrixed environment
- Commercially minded with the ability to manage budgets, and interpret complex data & analytics to support decision making
- Resilient and able to effectively balance multiple priorities in line with deadlines
- Exceptional communication, relationship-building, and project management skills
- Future-focused with the ability to use creative and inspiring approaches to enhance employee experience programs, concepts and techniques
- Being Inclusive
- Collaborating & Influencing with Respect & Trust
- Communicating effectively
- Demonstrating Customer Centricity
- Demonstrating Personal Resilience & Adapting to Change
- Driving Results
- Understanding & Developing Self
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.