Job description / Role
Junior Sous Chef - Hot Kitchen
Ready for a sizzling career move? You will play a pivotal role in our kitchen working alongside a fantastic team. The food you prepare, cook and serve makes our guests smile and wanting more.
About the Hotel
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a luxury five-star hotel located in Jumeirah Beach Residence and opens directly onto Dubai's most popular recreation promenade The Walk as well as the new beachfront low-rise leisure and retail destination The Beach. Luxury stays and culinary excellence are the hotel's cornerstones. All 444 rooms and suites overlook the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and Ain Dubai. Guests can indulge in exquisite international flavours at the Infini Pool Lounge and Café Concierge our all day dining restaurant Club Millésime.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- To assist in ensuring that each Food & Beverage outlet and banquet is managed successfully as an independent profit center.
- To maintain control and discipline in the absence of the Executive Chef, providing direction and assuming all consequent duties and responsibilities.
- To assist in performance appraisals when necessary.
- To monitor all costs and recommend measures to control them. To establish an integrated cost management plan.
- To ensure that the Department Operational Budget is strictly adhered to.
- To monitor all costs and recommend / institute measures to control them.
- To review monthly forecasts and schedule resources accordingly.
- To ensure that all the outlets and banquet are managed efficiently according to the established concept statements and adhere to company and hotel policies & procedures and all standards.
- To assist in the implementation of a flexible employee base. To allocate employees over the division based on established business productivity.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
- To support staff needs in other Divisions based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
- To monitor service and Food & Beverage standards in all outlets and banquets. To work with the different Outlet Managers to take corrective action when and where necessary.
- To establish, implement and control performance standards for the Stewarding Operation in Kitchens, Restaurants and Bars.
- Ensures that all food preparation and presentation and kitchen sanitation practices meet with hotel standards and local legislations.
- To assist in the implementation of the various food safety and hygiene standards including HACCP and other Municipality regulations.
- To work closely with Hygiene Officer in implementing all hygiene and safety procedures.
- To be available and on duty during peak periods (frequently opening and closing the operation).
- To spend time in the outlets (during peak periods) to ensure that the outlet is managed well by the respective Outlet team and functions to the fullest expectations.
- To frequently taste Food & Beverage in all outlets and be demanding and critical when it comes to Food & Beverage quality.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
- To conduct frequent walk through inspections together with the Food & Beverage Manager, Assistant Chief Steward and Hygiene Officer.
- To handle guest and employee inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to direct report if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship and handle all guest complaints, requests and inquiries on food, beverage and service.
- To frequently verify that only "fresh" products are used in Food & Beverage preparation.
- To monitor and analyze the activities and trends of competitive restaurants, bars and other hotel's banqueting departments.
Your experience and skills include:
- Holding CDP or Senior CDP position for at least 2 years
- Have Hot Kitchen experience in Continental, Italian, French and Asian Cuisines
- Have the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with the team and deliver consistently.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.