Job description / Role
To achieve commercial objectives in the assigned area/territory from different channels, building effective business relationships, enhancing brand visibility and promoting company’s products and services. To achieve targets, carry marketing campaigns and promotions, and increase the market share of the company ensuring productivity is in line with set measures and company’s adopted policies and procedures
Key Result Responsibilities
* Achieves and exceeds the set sales targets in the assigned area/territory; constantly reviews financial data to evaluate performance; identifies shortages, determines root causes, recommends changes to Sales Manager, and implements corrective measures accordingly.
* Identifies new opportunities to maximize sales adopting different channels such as existing/new travel agencies, corporates and online portals in the assigned area.
* Carries field visits to identify key contacts and decision makers in travel agencies; makes appointments and conducts meetings to educate and influence them promote Air Arabia products and services.
* Develops/maintains effective business relationships with travel agencies, GSAs, government departments, ministries, tourism companies, as well as individual agents and trade companies, to increase distribution, enhance business and grow sales.
* Builds/maintains rapport with stakeholders and key customers in the respective area with an accurate database.
* Conducts field visits, bench-mark analysis to keep abreast with competitors’ position, market conditions, and customer needs affecting market trends.
* Prepares timely sales performance reports for the respective Manager to agree on necessary action and ensure required load factors.
* Recognizes the unique needs of the assigned territory versus Air Arabia products and services; evaluates flights and fares with Sales Manager/Revenue Management Team, identifies new route opportunities and recommends the same to respective Manager with a proper business case.
* Provides support and necessary guidance/training to sales agents on new products, systems and preferred sales techniques needed to promote Air Arabia in the respective area.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
* Bachelor degree in Management or equivalent.
* Additional qualification in Aviation/IATA/Tourism is a plus.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point.
* Very good in English & Hindi Language.
* Valid Driver’s License in the assigned territory is essential.
* 1-2 years of related sales experience, preferably in Aviation/Airline or tourism industry, experience with low cost airline is a plus.
* Possesses effective persuasive sales and marketing skills and techniques.
* Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending effective solutions.
* Cost-oriented, possesses effective persuasive, negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills.
* Employs a balance of technical expertise, and interpersonal relations to execute new initiatives that support company’s objectives.
* Capable of understanding market needs, trends, and planning accordingly.
* Capable of developing reports, comparison sheets, and charts as well as utilizing statistics to identify trends and support the revenue team with recommendations.
* Capable of developing and conducting power point presentation to clients.
* Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.