Job description / Role
You perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, modify, large inventory of commercial kitchen equipment and appliances and maintain the property's facilities to ensure a safe and functional kitchen environment for the guests.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and repair of all kitchen equipments to ensure its operation and reliability.
- Undertake kitchen repairs, servicing and refurbishment to all hotel equipments and to the required standard.
- Conduct regular planned maintenance as requested.
- Record details of work completed, purchase requisitions, stores requisitions and other workshop documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Liaise with and assist providers of specialist kitchen support services, for example, contractors and suppliers.
- Observe the provisions of the relevant policies and procedure (POMEC) for hotel.
- Ensure that Health, Safety & Environment policy and procedures and all relevant health, safety environmental legislation are observed.
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the relevant work rules and standards.
- Responds immediate to all work requests which concern Health and Safety.
- Responds to guest requests promptly in a professional and courteous manner.
- Completes all work orders with due diligence.
Your experience and skills include:
- Profound knowledge of how various types of kitchen and refrigeration equipment work
- Strong ability to read and comprehend wiring diagrams, and to follow manuals on operation and installation to successful complete tasks
- Strong ability to apply various types of equipment safely and efficiently, and to maintain and service them
- Exceptional ability to work independently without direct supervision and take responsibility for the repair of assigned equipment
- Strong ability to prioritize assigned tasks for increased job delivery
- Exceptional ability to properly investigate problems with food equipment, discover the issue, and correct it
- Ability to work in a team setting with other maintenance workers, and also with staff and members of the public
- Strong ability to quickly understand and carry out both written and oral instructions effectively
- Strong keyboarding and basic computer skills
- Possess refrigerant transition and recovery certification
- Repair and maintenance experience in the commercial kitchen or dinning service field
- Strong knowledge of plumbing repair and installation practice and procedure
- Strong knowledge of basic electrical practice, theory, and safety
- Strong knowledge of the fundamental of commercial refrigeration practice and theory .
Your team and working environment:
Located along Sheikh Zayed Road in Barsha Heights right next to Dubai Internet City Metro Station. Mirroring the privacy of a home and offering the conveniences of a hotel, Mercure Dubai Hotel offers a unique hospitality experience for short and long stays at an affordable price. Indulge in a range of fabulous dining options at Day & Night all day dining, The Exit sports bar, Cafe Social, Corner 8 pool bar and Nostos Greek Restaurant.
Mirroring the privacy of a home and offering the conveniences of a hotel, Mercure Dubai Hotel offers a unique hospitality experience for short and long stays at an affordable price Indulge in a range of fabulous dining options at Mercure Dubai Hotel from the Day & Night Restaurant., to The Exit Sports Bar, Cafe Social, Corner 8 Pool Bar and Nostos Greek Restaurant.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.