Job description / Role
- Being present to provide support as required during all D&T lessons in the laboratory or workshop;
- Preparing materials, tools and resources as required by the Teachers;
- Facilitating the preparation and the manufacture of teaching aids;
- Liaising with the SMT / D&T Teachers / STOs / TOs so as to ensure the smooth running of all D&T laboratories and resources in the school;
- Coordinating with the SMT regarding the up-keep and cleaning of laboratories and workshops;
- Coordinating with Head of Department / Teachers-in-charge / Senior Technical Officers / Technical Officers to compile lists of equipment complete with specifications in view of purchasing new equipment or spare parts;
- Liaising so as to compile lists of equipment and consumables which may be required for effective lessons and students’ project work;
- Liaising on lists of equipment, spare parts and consumables in view of purchasing;
- Liaising with Teachers / STOs / TOs in preparing and setting up D&T equipment for practical work, both for demonstrations as well as for students’ individual and/or group work. This includes providing D&T equipment for outdoor school activities;
- Assisting in the set-up and upkeep of Design & Technology laboratories / Workshops and keeping all laboratory equipment in good working order;
- Dismantling equipment, cleaning it and returning it to storage or resource rooms after laboratory sessions;
- Conducting regular cleaning and servicing where possible of laboratory equipment, machines and tools using procedures in service manuals;
About the Company
TATWEER is a leading company that provides professional technical and management support and services for the planning, design, implementation, supervision, operation, and maintenance of transport, road and traffic facilities and systems.
TATWEER, as a team, emerged from the core of the transportation, traffic and road industry bringing together the appropriate technical skills, and previous experience based on international best practices.
TATWEER is a team of corporate business partners of many leading technology companies providing the opportunity to test and master new technologies and platforms along with the ability to pass that knowledge onto our clients.
The organization is structured to work with the client to provide Turn Key Solutions, to identify the problems, setting priorities, implementing solutions and analyzing results.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies