Job description / Role
• Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
• Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
• Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
• Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
• Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of the terrain.
• Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
• Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
• Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
• Adjust surveying instruments in order to maintain their accuracy.
• Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
• Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
• Analyze survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
• Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data in order to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
• Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures.
• Develop criteria for the design and modification of survey instruments.
• Conduct research in surveying and mapping methods, using knowledge of techniques of photogrammetric map compilation and electronic data processing.
• Locate and mark sites selected for geophysical prospecting activities.
• Survey bodies of water in order to determine navigable channels and to secure data for construction of breakwaters, piers, and other marine structures.
• Direct aerial surveys of specified geographical areas.
• Determine specifications for photographic equipment to be used for aerial photography, as well as altitudes from which to photograph terrain.
• With minimum 5 years working related experience
• Hands on experience working with GPS / GNSS, 3D scanners, total station / AutoCAD knowledge is a must.
• Knowledge of surveying instruments like (Total station, digital mapping, GBS, laser measuring system and CAD programs)
About the Company
We are a leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi. Totally commitment to quality and sharp focus on customer satisfaction have set the group apart as a market leader providing general construction services for commercial and residential projects.