This position is closed or expired.
See other Civil Engineering jobs
Land Surveyor - Bridges
Under the direction of the Resident Engineer, the Land Surveyor is responsible for efficiently and accurately providing the necessary survey controls. These controls are required to properly layout the construction and to provide base points for quantity measurements of the completed items of work. The surveyor should have the necessary technical manuals, texts, and tables at his disposal.
Principal responsibilities of the Land Surveyor include the following:
- Establish primary/ secondary horizontal and vertical control points including reference ties for re-establishing the points in the field.
- Supervise survey.
- Record all measurements, rod readings, and calculations neatly and accurately in field books as the work progresses.
- Coordinate with the Contractor’s surveyor on work priorities and schedules.
- Check all work by completing traverse closures and bench circuits.
- Periodical checking of the control points.
- Report discrepancies or technical problems to the Resident Engineer.
- With the Contractor, perform joint measurements of the completed work for payment.
- Check completed work for conformance to the line and grade required by the project plans in coordination with the Inspector assigned to the item of work.
- Perform regular checks of the Contractor’s setting out to verify proper execution and accuracy.
- Maintain equipment in proper condition and perform frequent calibration checks.
- Construction activities are to be verified in accordance with the latest revisions of the Design drawings / shop drawings.
- Traverse closing errors are to be distributed as per the standards.
- Maintain field books and Daily inspection reports.
- Engineering Diploma or related education
- 6-8 years of relvant experience
- Minimum 2 bridges experience is a must.
- Rail / Metro experience is a plus.
- Gulf experience is desired.
- Should have good English communication skills
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Civil Inspector - Buildings