Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel will feature 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio will bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests will have the option to unwind at the So Spa and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers will have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Laundry Valet and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To maintain and control all hotel linen including uniforms for a smooth operation, and ensure guest laundry service delivered as per standard.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fully aware of Sofitel standard.
- Fully understands the difference of guest levels (VIP)
- Fully understands the difference of room categories.
- Adhere to the core values and the Brand dimension of Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk
- Attends daily briefings and notes all information about the Residents and functions in the hotel.
- Checks and examines laundered, dry cleaned items to ensure cleanliness and to place the same on shelves
- Collects soiled linen and garbage from pantries uses shaft
- Segregates linen per category
- Follow linen discarded procedure
- Follow contaminated stains linen procedure
- Receives and controls linen and guest laundry
- Delivers clean linen to floors
- Delivers guest laundry as per hotel procedure
- Distributes linen and keeps records
- Counts linen and check discrepancies
- Issues uniform to employees when requested
- Prepares linen day to day operation
- Assists with inventory
- Sends torn linen to tailor and informs laundry supervisor
- Does special assigned work given by linen supervisor
- Able to work with laundry machine according training received
- Irons guest laundry with care and as per procedure
- Maintains linen pantries clean.
- Participates with continuous training
- Keeps track of all DND rooms and keeps team leader or HK coordinator informed for further follow up.
- Reports any lost found to the laundry supervisor and HK coordinator immediately and deposits the same within half an hour in the HK office.
- Respects guest privacy and does not discuss any private information with other colleagues.
- Reports any suspicious activity on the floors to Laundry Supervisor or Security
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Good English language verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and managers as part of a team
- Ability to be attentive to guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with hotel residents and patrons
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Secondary/High School education
- Minimum one-years' experience in hospitality industry with a fair amount of Housekeeping knowledge.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.