Job description / Role
• Lead analytics & data engineering programs independently at client locations
• Architect data warehousing and analytics solutions that solve problems which cut across multiple business functions
• Interact with business champions, gathering requirements and delivering complete Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, and Analytics solutions.
• Interface with other technology domains to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
• Help customers with next generation user experience using Power BI advanced visuals, especially with CxOs & senior management
• Lead customers into advanced analytics journey – Data science & ML initiatives. Guide them in choosing appropriate use cases
• Minimum 6-8 years’ experience of end-to-end Analytics project implementations – Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with Azure ecosystem + Power BI
• Experience with connecting to files, databases, and other sources to get data in Power BI
• Modelling of tables and sound knowledge of DAX to create measures, calculated tables etc.
• Sound knowledge of Data Warehousing and modelling concepts.
• Experience in creating custom Time Intelligence measures, Dimensional Hierarchies and other measures using DAX.
• Experience in creating business friendly and visually appealing dashboards by improvising on features provided by Power BI.
• Extensive experience in using bookmarks, view selections and actions to customize look and feel/navigation of dashboards.
• Experience in using Power Query for making any changes while reading data
• Experience in using Azure Data Factory/SSIS as ETL tool for building a data warehouse/data lake
• Experience with other Azure components for data handling and data transformation
• Working knowledge of Azure services like Blob Storage, Event Hub, Azure Function etc.
• Candidates should be Microsoft Power BI Certified in the below:
• DA-100: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI
• 70-778: Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI
• Exposure to Creating and maintaining partitions in Analysis Services based on datasets.
• Experience in building Tabular models in Azure Analysis Services/SSAS
• Scripting for managing automated scheduled refresh for Analysis Service models
• Exposure to data integration tools like Azure Data Factory/SSIS/Informatica.
• Experience in design and build of various ETL routines using data integration tools.
• Exposure to data science & ML – Azure ML /AWS Sagemaker – As added advantage
• Strong hands-on experience in following areas:
• MS Power BI – Primary skill
• MS Azure Analysis Services – Primary skill
• MS Azure Data Factory
• Additional desirable skills: Exposure to data analytics, statistical model development will be added advantage
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the Company
MMJS is a consulting firm that is focused on adding value to its clients business through Tax, Technology and Management Consulting. Strategically located in Bahrain, Oman, UAE, Kuwait and KSA to support clients across GCC. Having served 300+ clients, MMJS has acquired the trust of many multi-national and Government clients through uncompromising quality of work.
Our VAT leadership and the team consists of experienced, passionate and ambitious staff who have VAT implementation, Advisory, Compliance and VAT Audit experience across various industries in Europe, Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and the Far East. The team is competent to provide an end-to-end solution in relation to VAT in GCC countries.