Job description / Role
You have the experience, expertise and drive to lead. What you're missing is the freedom to create your dream and the opportunity to make an impact. When you join DarkMatter, you'll find that freedom and plenty of opportunities to immediately make an impact.
As a Lead Cryptanalysis Researcher, you will:
- Challenge yourself by being responsible for cryptography related aspects of all product security assessments
- Evaluate and assess weaknesses in information security systems ranging from single cryptographic primitives to complex protocol analysis, from classical ciphers to the newest lightweight and post-quantum schemes
- Develop mathematical and statistical models to analyze and solve security data problems
- Deliver high quality assessments and reports of cryptographic systems and implementations
- Be involved in the analysis of cryptosystems developed within DarkMatter products and collaborate with world-class teams of software, hardware, network, and telecommunication engineers
- Leverage latest academic research to create proof-of-concepts on state-of-the-art High-Performance Devices
- Conduct research in theoretical and practical cryptanalysis
- Mentor and coach colleagues in your area of expertise
- Join a diverse team of passionate security experts as a valued member
- Work in a lab environment with cutting edge equipment
- Enjoy all the cultural, educational and travel opportunities Abu Dhabi offers
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- BS/MS/PhD in Cryptography, Applied Cryptography, Information Theory and Mathematics, Computer Science or relevant Engineering degree, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Combined 8+ years of experience in cryptanalysis
- Proven knowledge in theoretical and practical cryptanalysis
- Experience with formal verification methodologies
- Experience with architectural software and hardware design reviews, code reviews, protocol and specification reviews
- Experience in side-channel analysis or differential fault injection attacks would be considered a plus
- A passion for solving complex puzzles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to convey highly technical information to non-technical audiences
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right next to the most perfect beaches, is a place where geniuses make an impact.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in one of the fastest moving and most dynamic cities on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is a high-tech oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.