Lead Design Engineer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
As Lead Design Engineer, you are responsible to develop, design and integrate engineering solutions to support aircraft electrical/ avionics modification. Mods include but not limited to upgrade avionics system such as TCAS, GPWS, WXR, GPS, SATCOM, INS, electrical systems and communication systems on Airbus and Boeing fleet.
- Review and understanding customer work request and realizing it into a design work that can be implemented on the aircraft taking into consideration all relevant certification requirements as applicable to the aircraft type.
- Experience in compliance demonstration and compliance verification process with relevance to all airworthiness aspects (CS/JAR/FAR, OSD, affected publications/ICA, latest regulations).
- Knowledge in certification requirements of EASA Part 21J and the relevant sections of airworthiness requirements.
- Knowledgeable in ATA sections related to Avionics and Electrical - Level 3 training preferred.
- Initiate plans and develop specifications involving basic design data, technical modifications and installations, writing modifications procedures in the areas of aircraft electrical power, communication, navigation, auto flight, and instrumentation systems.
- Prepare technical drawings (such as wiring diagrams, wiring installations and harness build up diagrams) as required.
- Initiate engineering authorization to perform minor and major avionics repair and modifications on aircraft.
- Evaluate aircraft avionics systems, components/parts damages and provide solutions for discrepancies that are beyond the applicable manual limitation.
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers during design phase and selection of product.
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Electrical, Electronics or Avionics Engineering or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years in related aircraft avionics / electrical systems engineering
- Experience in Developing, designing and integrating engineering solutions to support aircraft electrical/ avionics modification
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Experience in OEM or MRO with major EASA approval or DOA with STC privilege
About the Company
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.