Job description / Role
Title: Lead Process Safety Engineer
KBR is looking for Lead Process Safety Engineer for an EPCM project to be based in Abu Dhabi- UAE.
- Develop Front End Engineering Design of the proposed facilities and modifications to such level that Engineering, Procurement and Construction can be carried out without further modifications and/or the need of any further studies by the EPC Contractor. Complete the FEED by identifying and defining the WORKS for the EPC phase in a modular and timely manner to facilitate Company requirements so as to implement the EPC phase based on an approved EPC execution methodology. KBR shall perform complete Front End Engineering Design (FEED) required for the PROJECT in accordance with specified engineering practices and Company specifications. KBR shall maintain risk and opportunity registers during the study and close all items prior to completion to COMPANY satisfaction.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Lead Process Safety Engineer is responsible for handling engineering design review and analysis assignments normally involving a major project or several smaller or less complex projects. These projects by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in oil gas.
- Conversant with Fire Network Design, Radiation and Dispersion Modelling
- Consequence Analysis and QRA - Technically competent in Process Safety Engineering Discipline
- Conversant with the Engineering standards such as API, NFPA, IP, IEC, ASME, BS / EN, etc.
- Provide leadership and coaching to engineers with less work experience
- Writing proposal's scopes of work, execution methodology, technical queries to client
- Performing Basic Process Design Activities (Line List, Tie-in List, Basic PFD/PIDs check, Process Description etc.)
- Previous experiences executing Oil & Gas/Petrochemical/Chemical Feasibility Studies, Conceptual Design/Basic Engineering & FEED / Detailed Engineering
- Previous experience managing HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, hazardous area classification, firewater systems, fire and gas detection.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Overall, of 15+ years of experience in Oil & gas industry Should have been a Lead for minimum 2+ years in Oil/Gas Project.
- Experience in FEED and/or detailed engineering phases is a must.
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.