Job description / Role
The QA/QC Manager is responsible for ensuring that the quality management system (QMS) is fully implemented in an organized and efficient manner. The QA/QC Manager is responsible for delegating and assigning tasks to QA/QC Supervisors and working closely with related engineering, construction, fabrication, and repair departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee project quality to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specific specifications, and QMS requirements.
- Advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Managing the development and implementation of the QMS for planning, fabrication, inspection, documentation, and operations activities including:
- Planning duties within the QA/QC staff and related work schedules;
- Establishing service standards for end users (i.e., internal department or external customer);
- Identifying and developing QA/QC personnel certification requirements and continuing education/training needs;
- Providing leadership, mentorship, and direction of all QA/QC personnel.
- Taking full responsibility for hold-point releases once all QMS functions have been completed and the equipment is ready to go into the next work stage.
- Developing and implementing risk-based inspection (RBI) activities and processes, using API 580 and other similar programs to develop internal standard practices.
- Managing plant integrity through a failure analysis reporting system and following up on recommendations.
- Oversee supervision of all visual inspections and NDE, including 3rd party subcontractors.
- Managing inspection, NDE, and testing plans for new construction, repair work, and alterations.
- Identify and develop solutions to correct inspection function deficiencies.
- Manage construction processes, plant equipment, inspection and NDE personnel certification and QMS internal audits.
Candidates must have a Diploma / Degree in Engineering.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal organization departments, suppliers, subcontractors, and regulatory authorities.
- Strong coordination and organization skills, with strict emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- At least 10 to 15 years working experience and knowledge as a professional engineer within the Oil & Gas industry
- Advanced experience working within local jurisdictional and regulatory authorities.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in understanding and performing quality inspection
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.
Engineer Quality Assurance and Control
Al Ghurair Properties
Manpower Middle East
QA/QC Manager/Engineer - Buildings
QA QC Manager (Oil & Gas)