Job description / Role
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead QA/QC Engineer with proven track record in the marine environment with ADNOC and other client in the Middle East and globally.
- Promotion of both the WOOD and ADNOC Core values
- Develop, maintain & implement Project Quality Plans, Quality Strategies, and Objectives
- Provide Quality oversight of vendors and contractors, ensuring they are aware of their roles and responsibilities
- Provide quality estimates for QA/QC project deliverables and inspection of procurement packages
- Regular quality reporting as required
- Ensure the maintenance, documentation, and deployment of the project management system
- Ensure implementation of risk-based audit programs
- Plan and participate in External/ internal projects and vendors/ suppliers audits
- Conduct site quality leadership surveillance visits, as required.
- Provide input to contract quality risk registers
- Act as a focal point for corrective actions by approving new actions and verifying action closure, if required.
- Facilitate root cause analysis of project nonconformities
- Capture client feedback and monitor resulting improvement actions
- Ensure the deployment of a robust criticality assessment process throughout projects
- Verify the inspection level of products/materials
- Quality input to project lessons learned
- Ensure the closure of Quality requirements for project closeout .
- Review and provide input into technical bid evaluations
- Participation in the KOM & PIM on post orders.
- Review and approve necessary construction contractors, vendors , and suppliers' documentation including ITPs and procedures, as required.
- Control all Quality documentation during & upon completion of the Project(ShareCat).
- Conduct review of project technical queries and specification deviation requests
- Ensure adequate and competent inspection resources are available to the projects
- Establish contract inspection framework
- Assist with evaluation of materials suppliers, manufacturers, fabricators, and NDE providers
- Establish appropriate call-off arrangements with 3rd party inspection agencies
- Manage and raise vendors' inspection requests and maintain inspection assignment register
- Prepare inspection packages for inspectors
- Assign competent, qualified, and appropriately experienced inspectors to inspection assignments
- Coordinate vendors/suppliers' product/material inspection activities
- Provide support to coordinate fabrication activities
- Review inspection outputs and highlight areas of concern
- Report non-conformances identified by inspectors
- Liaise with Discipline Engineers regarding inspection queries, deficiencies & punch list items
- Review/respond to the technical queries raised by the Contractor/Supplier and their Sub-Contractor/Sub-Suppliers on the Quality front.
- Daily/weekly/monthly coordination with the Project management team/Company/ Contractor/Supplier and their Sub-Contractor/Sub-Suppliers on the Quality front
- Facilitate the recall, quarantine , and replacement of defective products/materials
- Support the review of vendor mechanical catalogs & manufacturing records books as required
- Ensure upload of inspection reports and releases to document management system
- Regular reporting of inspection status
- Review and approve 3rd party inspection invoices
- Liaise with the Client Quality Representative as appropriate
- Ensure the closure of inspection requirements for project closeout
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical background is desirable)
- Welding inspector certification preferably CSWIIP 3.1 /3.2 or equivalent (desirable)
- NDE Level II qualification (desirable)
- Painting Inspector certification - NACE Level II or BGAS
- Minimum 15+ years of Oil and Gas experience
- Previous Experience in Procurement support activities in EPC/PMC projects
- Middle East experience preferred
- Exposure to ADNOC Contracts desirably but not mandatory
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High level of communication skills in both written and spoken format
- Analytical, Problems Solving skills and Systematic thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with good initiative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within multi-cultural workforces and environments
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
About the Company
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.