Job description / Role
As a Learning and development officer you'll handle the learning and professional development of an organisation's workforce. It's your job to equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out their work activities effectively.
Increasingly, you'll be required to be strategic rather than reactive, assessing the skills and knowledge within an organisation and determining what training is needed to grow and retain these skills. You'll either deliver the training yourself or arrange for a third-party trainer to do it (if required).
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a group wide L&D strategy, focusing on all aspects on the employee journey.
- Deliver the strategy in conjunction with the wider business and retail training teams ensuring that all L&D needs across the organisation are regularly assessed and reviewed.
- To lead and manage the effectiveness of our E learning and LMS system working with other key stakeholders as appropriate
- Identify training and development needs within an organisation through job analysis.
- Design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and the individual
- Work in a team to produce programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in an organisation.
- Consider the costs of planned programmes and keep within budgets
- Plan and assess the 'return on investment' of any training or development programme
- Develop effective induction programmes for new staff, apprentices and graduate trainees
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers
- Devise individual learning plans
- Produce training materials for in-house courses
- Create and/or deliver a range of e-learning packages
- Manage the delivery of training and development programmes
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met
- Evaluate training and development programmes
- Amend and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment
- Help line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups
- Keep up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and present this research.
- 3-5 years in learning and development, specifically in designing and delivering leadership development programs across a wide range of modalities including face to face in the classroom and digital.
- Experience in classroom teaching or leadership development facilitation in an educational institution, corporate setting.
- Bachelor's degree in education, organizational development, training, leadership development or a related field of study.
- Self-starter, outgoing, team player, creative and adaptable.
- Experience of working in a large multi-site organisation.
- Previous experience of working within a business where retail and sales is a key driver.
Knowledge & Skills Essential
- Previous strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, positive and able to act as a credible ambassador for both the division and organisation.
- Strong strategic thinker able to execute innovative ideas.
- Comfortable with presenting to and influencing a variety of stakeholders across the organisation.
- Able to manage multiple projects at all stages.
- Ability to create momentum and inspire others.
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of current thinking and trends related to L&D, OD, wellbeing and engagement.
- Knowledge of current thinking trends around organisational leadership and management practice.
- Knowledge of psychometric tools
- Knowledge and Interest in use of digital and social media to drive forward learning and engagement opportunities.
About the Company
Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba was established in 1946 giving it the proud distinction of being one of the oldest diversified business groups in the UAE and the Middle East. At a time when oil was not yet discovered and trading was still the lifeline of the region’s economy, it was the vision of Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba that saw the birth of one of the first business houses.
Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba is essentially a trading organization involved in franchises and distribution of various brands and for different product categories. For highly discerning clients whose hallmark is exclusivity, we are proud to introduce ourselves as the official agents, business partners and product dealers of premium brands. At MHAO conducting business with the highest degree of ethical integrity is the job of every employee.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies