Job description / Role
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both business to business services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based at Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Learning and Development Specialist to join our successful business.
• To define the immediate and long-term L&D strategies that Alpha Flight Services. From new system training to process and change management training; ensure effective learning solutions are designed incorporating key learning and transfer of learning principles and that all material provided is aligned with organizational vision and core values.
• Responsible for effective implementation of corporate Learning and Development (L&D) strategies Ensure that all L&D solutions are aligned to desired business results; developed and delivered using global best practices; within set budget and quality frameworks.
• Lead the implementation of departmental mission; values; goals and policies; demonstrate behaviours to represent and promote these and act as a catalyst in change management.
• Plan; develop and manage the annual training programme based on defined L&D strategies. Negotiate priorities with head of departments based on resources; budgets and timeframes available to implement business critical operating plans.
• Plan and manage projects in adherence with the Quality and Standards Framework.
• Manage Alpha learning and performance needs and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through innovative solutions that adhere to the ADDIE cycle of training and development. Propose and implement Business Partnership L&D solutions where appropriate.
• Ensure efficient utilisation of technology and resources.
• Diagnose learning and performance gaps.
• Recommend; design; develop; deliver and evaluate solutions to maximise performance and business impact.
• Internally verify and quality assure the work within the team; ensuring all work assignments and team processes adhere to the Quality and Standards Framework.
• Manage and monitor evidence for the achievement of the Quality and Standards Framework in preparation for internal and external audit and to recommend continual process improvements.
• Actively partner with team members to identify and review performance objectives; competencies and development plans.
• Manage performance and promote self-directed learning in order to sustain a high calibre team.
• Work seamlessly with the Food & Beverage; Operations and Production departments to ensure maximum efficiencies and cross utilisation of resources and skillset.
• Manage collaborative relationships internally with GLD managers and externally with business line managers.
• Ensure there is a consistent focus on understanding business needs.
• Provide consultancy to deliver effective L&D support whilst safeguarding the interests of Alpha Flight Services.
• Provide strategic level input to people development initiatives.
• Align L&D solutions and develop and implement change programmes to maintain the department at the leading edge.
• Demonstrate experience and skills as a change agent; and deliver programme level change management for both process and system changes.
• Manage the change initiative and demonstrate tolerance for ambiguity in a dynamic business environment where priorities may change.
Qualification & Experience:
• A minimum of 5 years in area of specialisation; with experience in a managerial or consultancy capacity.
• A thorough knowledge of learning and development processes and methodologies.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a cultural sensitivity to the local community.
• People management skills to manage a diverse team and demonstrated skills to effectively manage conflict situations within the workplace.
• Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects covering cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated experience in influencing diverse groups of people at all levels of the organisation.
• Experience of developing relationships and managing L&D projects with business managers.
• Demonstrated experience and skills as a change agent; with a proven track record of successful change initiatives.
• Demonstrated tolerance for ambiguity in a dynamic business environment; where a flexible; adaptable and responsive approach is critical to success.
• Excellent communication; verbal; written and presentation skills.
• Professional qualifications in HR (e.g. CIPD/City and Guilds); training; psychology or organisational development would be preferred.
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.