Job description / Role
Learning & Development
- Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation processes are in place and ambassadors receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensure HODs use all available on the job training tools for ambassadors; supervise on-going training initiatives, record them and conducts training, when needed.
- Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for ambassadors and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
- Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs.
- Develop an effective annual Training Plan which meets the needs of ambassadors as outlined in Annual Appraisal and PDP and which assists the hotel achieve its goals and objectives.
- Liaise with Department Heads on regular basis regarding specific training requirements within their Departments and regarding attendance at planned training courses and develop training actions as required.
- With support of Director of T&C, structure and monitor the Hotel's annual training budget and ensure all training expenses are kept in line with this budget, adjusting planned expenses / actions in line with changing hotel requirements.
- Identify from Guest Feedback, Voice of Guest, Guest Satisfaction Survey and other sources the potential training needs and actions where required.
- Publish an annual and quarterly calendar of training courses and ensure maximum attendance through clear communication to and liaison with Department Heads on a regular basis.
- Develop, source and conduct training courses scheduled in the training calendar.
- Provide an advice service to both managers and ambassadors on training opportunities, career choices, qualifications and other T&C issues.
- Develop effective links with partnership organizations such as Universities and Colleges, Training Providers, other Training Managers, etc.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all training activities.
- Ensure all requests for training by ambassadors are responded to in a timely manner and follow up is conducted where appropriate.
- Monitor the effectiveness of pre- and post-course briefings to ensure maximum benefit from training courses and identify future training needs.
- Monitor department training and on job training (dept induction, dept trainers, dept processes) and ensure consistency and quality of training.
Quality & Guest Experience
- Create quality awareness and communicates quality requirements, policies and procedures to all.
- Be a Brand and Quality Ambassador, consistently achieving high performance results, positive and proactively promoting the business values and vision.
- Promote the achievement of quality and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Bringing together the heads of different areas and conducting the group to formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures to improve our guest satisfaction results and our online reputation.
- Schedule and monitor audits of the various areas. These audits will be conducted according to the standards operating procedure of the Sofitel Dubai Downtown, and LQA standards.
- Implement programs that allow the continuous improvement of processes.
- Participate in the Orientation course explaining the operation of the main programs of Quality of the hotel: TrustYou, LQA, and Social Media Reputation.
- Occasionally participate in the operations briefing, presenting the daily results of TRUSTYOU, all comments published in electronic media, report of incidents and comments in TRIPADVISOR.
- Generate and share the daily guest satisfaction report, which must be accompanied by all surveys and comments in electronic media generated on the day before the report is sent.
- Attend randomly to the monthly meetings of the different departments to talk about guest satisfaction and the standards operating procedures.
- Provide training to new hired leaders regarding our SOPs, P&P and brand standards.
- Support training that is completely customized to each department with the aims to improve existing processes and/or guest satisfaction.
- Be the liaison between LQA and the property, analyzing data and formulating action plans with each department after each audit.
- Continuously analyze the existing processes and standards of the property, translating them in to service flow, steps of service, and identifying gaps in the customer journey.
- Enforcing the Language of Luxury that is relevant to each department.
- Assists in selecting new hires that will support the service culture. Can be involved in the interview process where needed.
- Analyze and share the top industry trends to ensure that best practices are being engaged.
- Other tasks as assigned
Level of Education Bachelor / Licence
- Areas of study Hospitality
- 1 to 2 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Previous experience of leadership in the area of Quality, L&D or similar
- Knowledge of luxury hotel standards
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to train and develop team members
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills (Pack Office, Oasys, Edoc, FMC)
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.