Learning Technology Specialist
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Job Title: Learning Technology Specialist
The Learning Technology Specialist is responsible for the maintenance and execution of the client’s learning platforms. This covers the technical operations and system administration on the learning systems including, but not limited to system configuration, course development, user enrolment, performance management, the resolution of technical issues, and ensuring the system is properly configured and supported at all times. The candidate must be able to evaluate, implement, license, and train for any external tools’ technologies. The candidate will also strategically manage, create and deliver training resources and help guides for learners, trainers, subject matter experts, and staff as needed, as well as continuously troubleshoot learning systems issues and trends. This individual will work closely with the registration team, IT team, academic programs team, and learners across the district to ensure our learning systems are leveraged for success. This individual will also assist in the development and implementation of curriculum and technology integration projects.
• Leads the effective implementation and ongoing maintenance of the learning systems and all supporting tools, content, and technologies, roles, users, security, internal system notifications and other instructional technology user accounts.
• Establishes and configures the learning systems, including new courses.
• Manages the testing and evaluation of new features and tools that integrate with the learning systems by facilitating and managing vendor vetting and training.
• Perform design, configure, customize and implement responsive and effective learning systems Integrate with plugins when required.
• Write scripts to automate LMS routines and processes.
• Support LMS/PHP implementations and resolve any technical issues
• Planning and implementing API integrations with third parties when required
• Facilitates the escalation of and resolution for Registration & IT issues connected to the learning systems and/or external tools.
• Collaborates with Curriculum and Instruction specialists to create effective courses and learning experiences according to pedagogical/ instructional design best practices.
• Provides help resources and training for learners, trainers, subject matter experts, and staff including instructional videos, how-to guides, and FAQs related to the usage of the learning systems, instructional technology, and documents relevant data about each external learning tool in a central repository.
• Build training manuals and guide and conduct orientation sessions on the technical usage of CLIENT learning systems to the learners, trainers, subject matter experts, and staff.
• Support team members who have software-related questions or issues in the learning management system.
• Analyze support case data to identify and prioritize root problems.
• Collaborates with trainers and SME in composing effective technology-infused, content-based lessons, and supports the teachers as they implement the lessons in their classrooms.
Salary : 20,500 + Benefits
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related degree.
• Programming skills using Java, Python, and PHP.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong research skills and ability to use professional online learning networks.
• Advanced technology/computer skills required (software and hardware).
• Experience working with back-end LMS & LXP administration/authentication.
• Experience working with LMS & other learning & Talent systems.
• Experience developing and deploying LMS plugins
• Experience teaching or training others on the use of technology integration.
• Experience in technical support.
About the Company
WE ARE A UAE LEADING HR CONSULTANCY
We offer a full range of HR services regardless of the organization headcount or location in the UAE&GCC. We understand how your organization thrives or flounders on the quality of your people. We are experts in creating award-winning organizational cultures. We have successfully tackled some of the most serious organizational issues imaginable to help companies grow and deliver their business plans.