Job description / Role
The role of Legal Advisor & Board Secretary is to Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses. Assist in reviewing the legal material and any other relevant documents to identify the most important issues that need to be sorted out on a priority basis. Advise and represent the company in courts, before government agencies, and in private legal matters.
• Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses.
• Assist in reviewing the legal material and any other relevant documents to identify the most important issues that need to be sorted out on a priority basis.
• Advise and represent the company in courts, before government agencies, and in private legal matters.
• Communicate with the clients/contractors/suppliers and others.
• Prepare and file legal documents, such as lawsuits, appeals, contracts, and deeds.
• Present facts in writing and verbally to the company’s clients or others and argue on its behalf.
• Conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters of the clients or the company.
• Conduct research and analysis of legal problems.
• Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents.
• Actively involved in preparing and drafting of different contracts and legal submissions and draft the authoritative legal opinions as well.
• Conduct legal research by utilizing various resources and selecting the relevant material to analyze the legal information.
• Draw up formalities regarding the settlement of disputes and monitor the implementation of the legal clauses.
As Secretary of the Board of Directors:
• Must be responsible for ensuring that accurate and sufficient documentation exists to meet legal requirements, records minutes of meetings, ensures their accuracy, and availability, proposes policies and practices, submits various reports to the board, maintains membership records, fulfills any other requirements of a Director and Officer, and performs other duties as the need arises and/or as defined in the corporate governance rules and regulations, ensuring that the company complies with standard financial and legal practices and maintains standards of corporate governance.
• Provide secretarial support and guidance to the company and the clients on statutory and regulatory matters. Managing the decision making process, exchange of information and documentation outcomes in support of the Board activity, working proactively with management to carry out the policy, goals and initiative of the Board.
• Degree holder in Law and similar qualification.
• At least 10 years of experience of which 7 years must be in a position assuming similar responsibilities with a leading organization.
• Should have worked with real estate developers and construction firm.
• Should have experience with or as Corporate Governance, Board Secretary, ADX, Hospitality/Hotel Operation & Musataha Agreements etc.
• Awareness of the local and regional legal environment.
• Creative & Flair.
• In-depth knowledge of business processes, technology & associated risks.
• Ability to work in cross/multicultural environment.
• Ability to act independently and decisively.
• Good reasoning and analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Ability to manage and resolve conflicts/dispute.
About the Company
A leading real rstate company in UAE.
Inhouse Legal Counsel / Corporate Lawyer
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jun|
Senior Legal Consultant (Bilingual)
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)