Job description / Role
Our client is wishing to recruit a legal assistant in their Dubai office. Legal Assistants at their office perform the role of legal secretary, including personal assistant aspects.
The salary range is AED 12,000 – 14,000.
The role is as follows:
Accountable To: Partner / Head of Department
• Document typing, analysis and proofing, amending (normal editing/track change) and formatting documents as required;
• Plan and schedule meetings, appointments and travel arrangements; make and/or confirm appointments for lawyers;
• Audio typing;
• Mailbox management and hard and soft copy filing;
• Proficiency in worksite or similar case management systems;
• Downloading and saving documentation from data room sites;
• Completing Matter Opening and Closing forms ;
• Conflict checks;
• Takes and transcribes oral dictation of notes, memos and legal documents;
• Liaises with the accounts department on a monthly basis in distributing client pre-bills to the relevant lawyers;
• Amending pre-bills as per changes done by the lawyer;
• Drafting legal documents such as legal correspondence and reports;
• Receiving queries from clients and distributing them to relevant lawyers;
• Entering and editing time sheets and filing the same (month-wise and date-wise);
• Entering contact information into Interaction
AED 12,000 to 14,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Education /Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelors degree or relevant secretarial qualification;
• Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role within a legal firm
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
• Ability to work well under pressure;
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft applications e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook is required;
• Good organizational skills;
• Excellent touch typing skills;
• Committed team player;
• Good client management skills
If you are interested and meet the above requirement, please attach your updated CV with photo, along with your current salary and notice period. We look forward to hearing from you.
About the Company
MENA Recruit came to fruition in response to a growing need for international legal talent in London and Dubai. Its initial focus began in the Legal sector, evolving as a service provider for other sectors such as Administration, Marketing, Business Development, HR, IT, Finance and C-Suite positions.
Over the last two decades, with roots firmly planted in the Middle East and operations expanding into the APAC region, MENA Recruit has gained intuitive industry knowledge and expertise. With its unique, people-focused approach, the firm has yielded competitive advantage for its clients and rewarding careers for the professionals it has supported throughout the years.
The company is dedicated to delivering the highest quality of talent and service to its clients while working tenaciously towards helping them achieve higher retention rates. For this reason, MENA Recruit is considered by both candidates and clients as a consultant in the truest sense of the word, offering guidance to both people and organizations on how to adapt to the constant change in market conditions and how to anticipate present and future challenges.
Presently, MENA Recruit provides services to organizations and professionals in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
With such an extensive global reach, strong brand value, decades of expertise, and an innovative approach towards business challenges, it’s clear why MENA Recruit is the partner of choice for both in-house recruiters and candidates internationally.
Al Rowaad Advocates & Legal Consultancy
Legal and Compliance Officer
Junior Secretary - Global Law Firm
Irwin & Dow